• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It either needs to stay warm and sunny or snow. I am going stir crazy at work. I'd love a few more snow days off, but if not at least let the weather be nice.

Next 10 days or so looks like it will be mostly below normal, though not serious cold like we saw in early January, some nice cold shots. Then after it looks like it will warm up nicely, for how long nobody knows. Pattern looks hostile for cold in the east after the 10th, but the end of February is a long ways away. I like snow and hold out hope that maybe towards February 20th we could get back to a pattern that would support snow.

That mid-January snow we had was my most memorable snow event in a long long time. Nothing like watching it snow all day and turn everything white. Great winter.

This is one reason why I think winter may be over. It takes time to recover from something like this and this is out past mid February already. So maybe cold returns to North America eventually but once you get into March it's very difficult this far south. But, deep down I still hold out hope.

Look how huge Atl is,,,this is just a small portion ..# other skylines are not even shown in this pic....1-29-18
38612803904_5200062229_h.jpg

I don't think it looks encouraging for more snow in my area this winter. Plus, it has been a while since we have had more than one good storm for the whole winter. The past several years it has been one storm or nothing really at all. We already had one good storm. I think that might be it.

Seeing the weeklies posted again made me think "holy crap, this week really went by fast".

Anyway, based on what I just recently read, I might punt February completely. February will not be cold if the MJO pulse is as strong as thought even if we have a +PNA, -AO, and -EPO.

Seeing the weeklies posted again made me think "holy crap, this week really went by fast".

Anyway, based on what I just recently read, I might punt February completely. February will not be cold if the MJO pulse is as strong as thought even if we have a +PNA, -AO, and -EPO.
Yeah, a +PNA can still correlate to a bad pattern if it isn't tall enough. I'm hoping Eric is right about the JMA being a bit better than the EPS and GEFS if I read it right. We need to make it to phase 8 even if it's in the COD, but not for 2 days or so. It would be horrible to speed through the phases only to get back to 3, 4, and 5 in a hurry. But then again, MJO isn't everything.

Look how huge Atl is,,,this is just a small portion ..# other skylines are not even shown in this pic....1-29-18
38612803904_5200062229_h.jpg

Its amazing how much is filled in between the BOA building and the heart of midtown. Once the area just north of the Grady curve fills in it will be a continuous line.

Since nobody posts in the observations thread I'll post in here. 25 degrees and temp is falling pretty fast
The moon angle is mere days away from letting it get below 30 at night anymore! Spring has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back