• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I troll too much, just arguing with myself. Some people troll 24 / 7, I guess I just need affirmation everything's going to be ok. Probably the biggest snow weenie there is , just living in the wrong place for that I guess
Weather or not everything is going to be ok :D

I'll end with this thought because I understand the frustration but you didn't really answer my question and I'm not even directing this at just you. If a poster feels winter is over, in other words no more cold no shot at wintry precip, it's done but continues to post in winter threads then they either believe there is still a shot at something wintry, which by their own actions argues against their own statements or they are trolling. Which is it?
I feel the same way. Not a fan of the sarcastic posts all the time, either.

I got RGEM'd this morning and I loved every minute of it. Hanging by every frame knowing good and well it was an outlier. Bring it! What is life without a little disappointment here and there? I welcome it with open arms. Makes victory all the more sweeter
See, you take the rally cap jinx off and we score a CAD event! o_O

Please make this happen.......

I'll vote Storm out and you for Admin.
52ebe1dabd6e55bcdf63ed06484e5218.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2nd that motion, and really they should have no reason to even be in the winter threads, winter is over so they say. They can concentrate on writing and arithmetic because it's obvious they can't read.

Yep it’s nuts saying winter is over this early but it literally started in November and has gone on all winter despite the cold temps and snow. I had a low of 15 this morning and I’m currently sitting at 25 degrees as of 1:44 pm. If this is winter cancel weather then bring it on.

Yep it’s nuts saying winter is over this early but it literally started in November and has gone on all winter despite the cold temps and snow. I had a low of 15 this morning and I’m currently sitting at 25 degrees as of 1:44 pm. If this is winter cancel weather then bring it on.
I'll buy some if you're selling and the price, including freight and delivery, is anywhere near reasonable ... ;)

I'll buy some if you're selling and the price, including freight and delivery, is anywhere near reasonable ... ;)
I’d send some down your way if I could phill. I know some say cold air is useless without snow but I love it no matter what. You put some layers on and go out with no worries of bugs, reptiles or humidity. Last night it snowed pretty hard but the temp couldn’t get lower then 33 while it was falling so nothing more then some Icey patches this morning. Of course as soon as the temp went below 32 the precipitation stopped. I can’t complain to much though because I at least got to see some snow fall from the sky in this already very good winter.

Here's the psychology aspect of it:

If you really want cold and snow, and it keeps looking like there's not going to be cold and snow, but you know that there's still a chance for cold and snow, it's not uncommon to post negative remarks about the bad pattern (or negative remarks about the good pattern that was expected but now seems like it won't materialize) in the hope that someone will come along and comfort your fears and restore your hope for cold or snow. These negative remarks typically manifest as either objections to previous forecasts or trolling or bittercasting.

What about to psychological impact from getting no snow when you were supposed to when you were much younger. Maybe you thought school would be closed, but you had to wake up, look outside at nothing or rain, and go anyway.

Haha. Child hood trauma. I'm going with that one. For all of us snow weenies.

What about to psychological impact from getting no snow when you were supposed to when you were much younger. Maybe you thought school would be closed, but you had to wake up, look outside at nothing or rain, and go anyway.

Good chance that if you have lived in CAE your entire life like I have then you suffer from "bittercasting"

Many people, especially around this area do not like me because I am pessimistic, usually for Winter weather in this area. I even nailed the idea that those in say parts of Lexington and Saluda would see more snow vs the city of Columbia proper. I mean, how much better did I have to get that one?

I said models were firing warning shots because the rain/snow transition was starting to show up slower and slower. First the Icon, then the NAM, then the Euro, then the GFS all started hopping on board. It tooks Columbia ages to turn over, while Lexington, Newberry, Saluda did better. And those areas still didn't get jack, to count.

I am not sure why people can't take the truth! In fact, when we have a legit threat, you will know because I will not be pessimistic!

It doesn't get any worse than others knowing about your passion for weather, and them relying on you to tell them if it's going to snow or not. Those times I said we have a chance and it rained or did nothing weren't fun, but more times than not it came through.

It doesn't get any worse than others knowing about your passion for weather, and them relying on you to tell them if it's going to snow or not. Those times I said we have a chance and it rained or did nothing weren't fun, but more times than not it came through.

When people ask me; I just say: "I would hate to be a weather forecaster right now".

Usually, they leave me alone.

Many people, especially around this area do not like me because I am pessimistic, usually for Winter weather in this area. I even nailed the idea that those in say parts of Lexington and Saluda would see more snow vs the city of Columbia proper. I mean, how much better did I have to get that one?

I said models were firing warning shots because the rain/snow transition was starting to show up slower and slower. First the Icon, then the NAM, then the Euro, then the GFS all started hopping on board. It tooks Columbia ages to turn over, while Lexington, Newberry, Saluda did better. And those areas still didn't get jack, to count.

I am not sure why people can't take the truth! In fact, when we have a legit threat, you will know because I will not be pessimistic!
It's been nearly 4 years, Shawn. It's not fair but it's the weather. Nothing you can do about it. Doesn't make anyone feel any better about it though.

My Son's Daughter's Grandfather heard from a very reliable, yet seems to have gotten into a fight while ice skating met that the model solutions are basically garbage right now so take everything said about this or that will definitely happen as b.s.

When people ask me; I just say: "I would hate to be a weather forecaster right now".

Usually, they leave me alone.
You notice Tim Miller posting this morning saying "Winter is not over yet" and proceeds to post a image of it snowing at hour 312 on the GFS saying "This is only two weeks away but it's something to watch".... He's been posting things like that on Facebook and Twitter. I guess the Mets around the area are getting so desperate for snow that they are posting what little bit of fantasy runs there is out there on social media....

Yeah but look at all those 100+ degree days you get, we hardly ever have any here! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back