• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Days are getting longer, sun angle getting higher, its about time for snow chances to diminish. Spring creasy greens are already coming up in the unplowed corn fields.

Well obviously sun angle isnt everything but its one very important factor. February is basically the first spring month in the deep south where you can get a wide variety of weather from tornado outbreaks to big snows.
That can happen any month in the Southeast. Ask Tennessee.

Days are getting longer, sun angle getting higher, its about time for snow chances to diminish. Spring creasy greens are already coming up in the unplowed corn fields.
February averages more snow at RDU than January.

We need another Late February 2004. I'm sure all the upstate SC peeps on here remember that one. Lol 24 inches of snow in Rock hill!

Im sure those big dogs that happen once every 10 to 20 years skew the average a bit. Im sure Raleigh has more snow events on average in Jan if only because there are 3 more days in Jan !
I think we've had more big dogs in January since 2000.

Would it be a complete waste of time and money to go to Law School at 50?

If anyone thinks the moon controls weather, here's hoping you have a stomach for this nonsense ...
Two January Blue Moons since 1915 ---> in 1961 and 1999.
The February's of those years ... o_O

cd2001-579-2424-31-3c61-5b1f-a048-4a86.30.17.38.10.prcp.png

but with the seeming rash of cliff diving, maybe this gives someone seeming justification or an ill advised rational before jumping ... :confused:

Last edited:
Im still amazed how an epic torchfest like this in February 1927 was immediately followed by the biggest snowstorm on record east of the mountains in NC (as a whole) on the first day of March.
cd152.7.224.4.30.17.48.54.prcp.png

With those kind of temps preceding it and the fact it was March im sure that had to be a nightime event or at least started at night.

The surface charts and surface data available at the time actually show the precipitation beginning during the middle of the afternoon on the 1st as moderate-heavy snow and it began to accumulate quite rapidly in spite of the warm preceding temps and time of the year.
https://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS/IPS-8D30DB52-85B2-49EA-A59E-84EA217ECC27.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 8.01.26 PM.png

Shots fired at JBurns! LmaoView attachment 3650

JBurns is an old cranky fart who runs out just about every good poster from that forum (there are quite a few left who I respect). His power hungry moderating style is that of an obnoxious 16 year old kid who obviously has never handled such responsibility in his entire lifetime. He’s the reason I left AmericanWx and refuse to return until he’s long gone. Good riddance. I’m actually shocked he’s still a mod, they need to invoke the 5th amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBurns is an old cranky fart who runs out just about every good poster from that forum (there are quite a few left who I respect). His power hungry moderating style is that of an obnoxious 16 year old kid who obviously has never handled such responsibility in his entire lifetime. He’s the reason I left AmericanWx and refuse to return until he’s long gone. Good riddance. I’m actually shocked he’s still a mod, they need to invoke the 5th amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree completely. I learned very early in my career that nothing good can come from being sarcastic if you are a person of authority. It sets a terrible tone and makes that person appear uncaring no matter what the intentions. You can still be funny, but not at the expense of others. I can’t believe Wow hasn’t run him and Buckeye off. I miss many of the posters from the good old days. I’m glad many of the good ones (like yourself) have found their way over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back