• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope no one was getting their hopes up over yesterday’s 12z GEFS run. It was fun to look at the snow map and over the last three runs everything has moderated a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit, my hopes were up. The GFS sure did trend away from deep cold. Hopefully it's just delayed for a little later in February.

gfs_T2ma_us_fh108_trend.gif

The shaft express runs straight through the Midlands of SC. Had our chance in January, now I fear we will have to wait til next Winter :(

Boy, these 12z runs stink so far.
Something is wacky about the GFS today. First it skips hours 114 and 120 and finally fills it in. Now I show it skipping 186 and to prove I'm not crazy I attached a screenshot. Lol.

GFS issue.jpg

Edit: It finally showed 186 but I have never seen this before.

Starting to think we are wanting February to be great so bad that we are slipping to realize what may be reality. I want it also, especially since I haven't seen a winter storm since Feb 2014 in my yard, but maybe the reality is, is that February may not be very freezing or ferocious. Man I hope I'm wrong...

That sun sure is getting pretty intense. I can only imagine how strong it is in the deep south. Fact is that the deeper you get into Feb the harder it is to get cold air very far south. The sun angle definitely plays a huge role in moderating temps later into Feb. The sun angle will be equivalent to October in about a week.

That sun sure is getting pretty intense. I can only imagine how strong it is in the deep south. Fact is that the deeper you get into Feb the harder it is to get cold air very far south. The sun angle definitely plays a huge role in moderating temps later into Feb. The sun angle will be equivalent to October in about a week.
Lol. Question is will you state in October how much lower it will be?

If models have such a tough time predicting the MJO why would we believe it will just fade out all of a sudden? Either way I will be happy with this winter regardless.

How about everybody who wants to cancel winter or only sees a bad trend due to a few model runs don't even bother reading or posting any more, winter is over for you. Just look outside and enjoy the weather as it comes.

Last edited:

Not this again

Not this again
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How about everybody who wants to cancel winter or only sees a bad trend due tp a few model runs don't even bother reading or posting any more, winter is over for you. Just look outside and enjoy the weather as it comes.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back