• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching dirty dancing with the wife tonight . Hopefully this will take the pain away
772f7e378bf0d37f0e08d5da0f72649d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

Folks!

Storm5 came up with a great idea, and he, ForsythSnow and I are working on it.
We'd ask you to indulge us with some assistance!
Specifically, we've set up a state by state (and in some instances by region) link in Wiki for web cams.
Here's the link: http://wiki.southernwx.com/doku.php?id=webcams or use the link at the top of this page.
So - if you have some good web cam links or "favorites" that can show live weather as it happens (not the side of some behemoth bank building in Atlanta or Charlotte!) please post them by state, region and location in this thread and we'll work them in yet make sure we don't triplicate links!
Right now, of course, tropics are the "hot topic", but don't forget fall foliage and winter cams as well!
Best!
Phil

I hate it when work abruptly gets in the way of a good fantasy storm thread :mad:

Yeah no joke. We already have major work issues during the winter months . Now summer? I guess I'll only be productive during the spring now

Yeah no joke. We already have major work issues during the winter months . Now summer? I guess I'll only be productive during the spring now

How? You are consumed by severe, as well ... ;)

Last edited:
So I decided to walk now instead of trying to wait out a thunderstorm (for cooler temps, mainly), early on it went well, but right as I reached the end of the road, I heard thunder that was too close and turned around, figured I'd just walk around close to the house.

Near my house **flash of light behind me** (it wasn't close, but it was close enough).

Me: "Okay, I'm marching my butt right back inside!"

As I'm settling back in, I heard thunder that was like a shotgun noise.

I dont know how you Florida people survive. I can barely survive a North GA summer. Hot temps plus high dewpoints is an awful combination. Anybody who enjoys that combination needs to be checked into a mental facility immediately.

I dont know how you Florida people survive. I can barely survive a North GA summer. Hot temps plus high dewpoints is an awful combination. Anybody who enjoys that combination needs to be checked into a mental facility immediately.
Grew up in S FL, no ac. Not sure how we survived but obviously we did. No ac in school either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back