• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in denial, or confused, or in disbelief about what time of year/season we're in? If so, here's a wake up call ...

curtmp.png

Anybody know what this landspout tornado near Grand Junction, MI was picking up Friday night?
WnH7Ymw.gif
Fascinating video regardless of what was sucked up, too bad there weren't weather instruments attached to the end of it..... see this could be an idea to get those weather probes inside of tornadoes, attach them to the end of flailing inflatable tube men!

So, saw the fireworks Monday night in Wake Forest and last night in Rolesville. Pretty good show. I actually thought the ones in Rolesville were better because they had more variety of fireworks, even though it's a smaller town.

Traveling with the fam on vacation end of the month to Fort Walton Beach, Fl (have family there) and taking the longer more scenic route for my kids this time, thru Atlanta then Alabama, that route.... Hope to leave early hours and be in Atlanta say around 9-10 am and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to catch breakfast/brunch in that area? Some little hole in the wall place or anything that would be different and a decent stop other than the usual McDonald's Lol

Traveling with the fam on vacation end of the month to Fort Walton Beach, Fl (have family there) and taking the longer more scenic route for my kids this time, thru Atlanta then Alabama, that route.... Hope to leave early hours and be in Atlanta say around 9-10 am and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to catch breakfast/brunch in that area? Some little hole in the wall place or anything that would be different and a decent stop other than the usual McDonald's Lol

We will be in orange beach at the end of the month. We should meet up I've got the southernwx Amex. Well until Shane takes it back ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be in orange beach at the end of the month. We should meet up I've got the southernwx Amex. Well until Shane takes it back ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think we are actually heading over to Fort Pickens one day would be a great meet up spot and we could leave there and splurge on a great meal or two courtesy of Southernwx

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So the nationals have delayed a baseball game for rain that might happen, just LMAO, it likely will but that is pure bush league.

In response to posts elsewhere ...

The glass ...
Yours ...
Half full or half empty ? ...
Just askin' ... :cool:

Last edited:
In response to posts elsewhere ...

The glass ...
Yours ...
Half full or half empty ? ...
Just askin' ... :cool:
My cup runneth over. We've had at least an inch of rain a day for the last several - I quit counting. My hibiscus plants have drowned in their urns which have no drainage. Never been an issue before this year.

I know what you mean on the hibiscus and other tropicals. I normally have to water almost every day. Now, this summer I had to drill holes in the bottom of our nice planters to allow runoff. Still saving $$$$ on the water bill. Haven't turned the sprinkler system on but twice back in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back