• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to take a Math test. .-. Remember how I said I'm bad in Math? I'm so bad that once I got a D in College Algebra when I took it the first time a few years ago, I was so afraid of trying it again it chased me out of the major and regular university. I feel like I'm in a much better spot than I was heading toward then (not anything REALLY bad, but I just didn't think I was going to be able to complete the obligations needed to get into that major program and then I was going to be stuck in neutral) but it could've been much better if I wasn't literally awful in Math. It's really the only thing, even when I was younger I feel that I was fairly good in any other college level subjects.

So I decided that my loophole would be online Math, in which I'd still have to take two on campus tests.

It honestly was silly to see it hang around the mid 40s with clear skies, in mid March! The mid 40s did not bother me when it wasn't windy while I took a walk, although I quickly got used to the cooler temps as I am crazy (I decided to go walk while it was raining at a good clip and in the low 40s earlier in the week).

I had to take a Math test. .-. Remember how I said I'm bad in Math? I'm so bad that once I got a D in College Algebra when I took it the first time a few years ago, I was so afraid of trying it again it chased me out of the major and regular university. I feel like I'm in a much better spot than I was heading toward then (not anything REALLY bad, but I just didn't think I was going to be able to complete the obligations needed to get into that major program and then I was going to be stuck in neutral) but it could've been much better if I wasn't literally awful in Math. It's really the only thing, even when I was younger I feel that I was fairly good in any other college level subjects.

So I decided that my loophole would be online Math, in which I'd still have to take two on campus tests.

It honestly was silly to see it hang around the mid 40s with clear skies, in mid March! The mid 40s did not bother me when it wasn't windy while I took a walk, although I quickly got used to the cooler temps as I am crazy (I decided to go walk while it was raining at a good clip and in the low 40s earlier in the week).
I got a D in my freshman calc math class at ND; changed my major from science to English as a result - ended up doing quite well, then ended up getting an MBA in economics (learned my math later on when my brain solidified a bit) and then happened on a law degree (FWIW) - in other words - skip what you don't do well and excel/focus on in what you do well and spin from there - it all works out!

I got a D in my freshman calc math class at ND; changed my major from science to English as a result - ended up doing quite well, then ended up getting an MBA in economics (learned my math later on when my brain solidified a bit) and then happened on a law degree (FWIW) - in other words - skip what you don't do well and excel/focus on in what you do well and spin from there - it all works out!

I'm at the point in which I switched to an associates degree program, which only requires one Math course, and I feel better about where I stand, and after an unexpected "gap" semester last fall, a little rejuvenated about doing work.

Been there (many years ago). I was so bad at math when I went to college that I took a remedial algebra class so that I could essentially learn algebra prior to taking college level algebra and calculus classes for my Computer Information Systems major. That was the second best move I ever made, the first being divorcing my husband at the time. :p The point is, if I did it, you can do it. Make it a game. Substitute emojis for x's and y's. It's really all about substitution. Best of luck! And it all boils down to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Been there (many years ago). I was so bad at math when I went to college that I took a remedial algebra class so that I could essentially learn algebra prior to taking college level algebra and calculus classes for my Computer Information Systems major. That was the second best move I ever made, the first being divorcing my husband at the time. :p The point is, if I did it, you can do it. Make it a game. Substitute emojis for x's and y's. It's really all about substitution. Best of luck! And it all boils down to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Nothing more.
and personal interaction!

Just curious. Does ND mean North Dakota or Notre Dame ?

Days like this in Florida are like gold, especially with summer coming, which of course begins in April in Florida.
Lol, yeah I'm from Florida born and raised, and there summers usually starts pretty early

Other than a 'Cane - which I despise - this has been the best day of weather down here in a while -- Thank you all for putting up with my banter!
Phil

Cold night and a very cool Noon down here :)

Screen_Shot_2017_03_16_at_11_59_42_AM.png

curtmp.png

And from the world's best model - the JAMSTEC o_O (LOL) says for the next 2 1/2 months -

temp2_glob_MAM2017_1mar2017.gif

Last edited:
Unless there is either another cold spell or severe wx nearby, I probably won't be posting as much as I recently have in the main wx threads until we get well into summer. Even if that's the case, I may be active at times in the grand solar minimum thread as the sun has really quieted down. Today has a good chance of making it 12 days in a row of spotlessness! That's quite impressive when one considers that the next cycle minimum is likely 3-4 years away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back