• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tisk tisk tisk. Stop with the PMs bitching, people are starting to talk. ;)
image.jpg

Do you see the envelope icon at all on the top right bar? Can you possibly describe the problem here? At least you aren't locked out of your account like I was at one point lol. I am sure it can be fixed. (Sorry for another PM related post)
Log out; log in.
No go - quit your browser and restart it.
No joy; shut down and reboot your device.
Also - whatever browser you are using - clear your cache - works wonders sometimes ...

P(m)S - Please report back with results ...

Last edited:
Hate to quote Wikipedia but while the map's true this was lighter than it looks. He might've gotten to see snow however which is rare where he's at.

Can someone please help me understand how removing statues is gonna change anything??? Hell let's just get rid of history books as well and pretend like nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It isn't I have no idea what is with people wanting to remove statues. If you remove a statue, it doesn't do anything to alleviate the issue. If anything, it is fueling more hatred. Statues should help people provoke a thought about learning about what happened and help move away from what was done wrong. Learn from the past. Removing them only removes the potential to learn.

Windows 10 might end up being the death of me. I'm an adult, blue screens won't scare me but instead of getting blue screens my computer will lock up and be hard to unlock without hard powering off the laptop, which with me willingly doing it earlier, it got to a point where my computer was so screwed I had to have the computer formatted.

Buuuuuuttttttt yesterday it finally blue screened during a freeze and I was like OH NOW THIS LAPTOP BLUE SCREENS AFTER I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR THEM over hard to recover freezes without a hard power off.

Windows 10 might end up being the death of me. I'm an adult, blue screens won't scare me but instead of getting blue screens my computer will lock up and be hard to unlock without hard powering off the laptop, which with me willingly doing it earlier, it got to a point where my computer was so screwed I had to have the computer formatted.

Buuuuuuttttttt yesterday it finally blue screened during a freeze and I was like OH NOW THIS LAPTOP BLUE SCREENS AFTER I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR THEM over hard to recover freezes without a hard power off.
Buy a Mac!

Ouch. I personally didn't want to go to Windows 10. If you have too little RAM, that may be your issue with locking up.

Can someone please help me understand how removing statues is gonna change anything??? Hell let's just get rid of history books as well and pretend like nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I couldn't resist....Lol

DHcDcWJUQAAwYwQ.jpg:large

Money is committed elsewhere ... LOL
Actually, Apple has a really decent student discount, and it also sells refurbished models via the Apple Store on line; the refurbished models were Apple Store demo units and come with the full warranty, and can be several hundred dollars off; between the two, or buying used from an authorized Apple re-seller, can make the price good for college folks.

Ouch. I personally didn't want to go to Windows 10. If you have too little RAM, that may be your issue with locking up.

I have more than enough specs to where Windows 10 should run smoothly. My real preference with a Microsoft OS is Windows 7 but I couldn't get it when I got this laptop for school a little over four years ago. I did not like the thing with Windows 8 that removes the desktop so I decided to go to Windows 10 last year.

And the freezing started a couple weeks after I did. It comes and goes for me.

I have more than enough specs to where Windows 10 should run smoothly. My real preference with a Microsoft OS is Windows 7 but I couldn't get it when I got this laptop for school a little over four years ago. I did not like the thing with Windows 8 that removes the desktop so I decided to go to Windows 10 last year.

And the freezing started a couple weeks after I did. It comes and goes for me.
This link offers some suggestions for trouble-shooting. I don't know whether it is a legit site or not - it just popped up first in a Google search.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-windows-10-freezes-locks-up-randomly-easily/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back