• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Meh, Canadian:

GGEM.png

Well this one really hurts watching it slip away when the models did nothing but bring us victory for 2 days straight. Maybe the euro throws us another miracle run and gives the middle finger to the other models. Doubtful but one can still hope.

Reality for most is cold rain. Sure there might be a few flakes or sleet pellets for a brief window and of course a select few will be delighted. I'm in Birmingham so this system has always been a cold rain for us. I'd much rather go back to sunny and 75!

I kind of buy what the GFS is showing for next week, but probably to not as strong of an extent temp wise, but anything beyond that? When pigs fly...

Fwiw, the Euro from last night and this morning's Canadian look nothing like that for the same timeframe

The EPS actually does...
We'll likely have a deep and massive glacier sitting to our north after the storm early next week, hopefully we avoid getting a cold rain CAD event.
eps_z500a_noram_39.png

If I was to take a swing at what would actually happen, I would say that parts TN gets a light dusting to an inch, the Smokies get 3" - 5", North AL gets flakes to a dusting, same with North GA, but for areas like Canton to Gainesville, likely there will be only flakes on the back side for less time than the other areas. For NC and upper SC, I would say a dusting to an inch in the end, but for upper NC, they may not get anything at all.

Back