• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Anybody else worried about this thing getting squished into oblivion?

Not really, the shortwave is strong enough for me to be confident this doesn't get squashed. Only thing we have to worry about is suppression leading to light accums. We want a middle road, not too amped to go inland but not too suppressed to hold all the moisture as rain south of the 0c line. Lol. So it goes in the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, the shortwave is strong enough for me to be confident this doesn't get squashed. Only thing we have to worry about is suppression leading to light accums. We want a middle road, not too amped to go inland but not too suppressed to hold all the moisture as rain south of the 0c line. Lol. So it goes in the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think we see it amp up just a touch in the coming days

Seen this time and time again. Models go more and more south only to adjust north a couple days out.

For those in the SC area, the low is still too close to us to allow 850s to cooperate, don't be fooled! After a brief period of some snow, you'd change over in most areas.

example of my previous post:
example.png

If this were true, Monteagle would be a good spot to stop at to get to see snow I think, and I had just talked about that little town. Oh the irony...

Seen this time and time again. Models go more and more south only to adjust north a couple days out.
Hard to say though this time, after all, this system was only found by the models a few days ago rather than out in learning fantasy land. If the high coming out of Canada is strong, I say it goes south more and colder too. NC is going great get snow I am sure, but don't be set on large totals.

looks like the low is 100-200 miles south of Columbia and thats still too far north ? Wow.
Not that it matters in March, but the low would need to be over Florida or so. And even then, I am not sure this time around.

Absolute garbage maps, but the UKMET may be more weak/south. See a little 1010 buckle off the coast of FL.

Back