• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that's disturbing, my mom's Facebook avatar is a picture of me and my friend when I was 17/almost 18 and the friend was 19...it's not even her of late, she plays Words with Friends, and sometimes gets creepy old men trying to hit on her while she's playing.

This isn't even something like Instagram or something, where I've read someone test out something online just to see what they get and they got a ton of creepy men hitting on who they believed was an 11 year old, it's in the Words with Friends format.

(she did still get the men hitting on her thing when the picture has been her though)

Here's something that's disturbing, my mom's Facebook avatar is a picture of me and my friend when I was 17/almost 18 and the friend was 19...it's not even her of late, she plays Words with Friends, and sometimes gets creepy old men trying to hit on her while she's playing.

This isn't even something like Instagram or something, where I've read someone test out something online just to see what they get and they got a ton of creepy men hitting on who they believed was an 11 year old, it's in the Words with Friends format.

(she did still get the men hitting on her thing when the picture has been her though)

Here’s one solution to consider: get off of FB. I’ve never even had a temptation to become a member. I value my privacy way too much to be on FB and prefer to not be the star of my own reality show on the internet. At places like this, I can be anonymous and I don’t post pics of myself either.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s one solution to consider: get off of FB. I’ve never even had a temptation to become a member. I value my privacy way too much to be on FB and prefer to not be the star of my own reality show on the internet. At places like this, I can be anonymous and I don’t post pics of myself either.

Easier said then done. I actually only really use facebook for a few purposes but it's too much of a good use for me to just delete it for now. The best usage outside of contacting just a few people is I somehow get linked to these lists of interesting stories, just as an example for one of them, it talks about doctors/nurses recalling a patient they had that wasn't smart.

Good nighttime/early in my day reading if I'm not doing anything else. In one of them, although I can't recall it word for word, it was talking about something that happened at an Army base in Afghanistan. Phone usage was overloaded, his commander at first suspected this guy that works in IT for them (skinny guy, not as well built as the guy that actually did it), IT guy rats out this big muscular dude, big muscular dude whoops him later that day and told him to not "rat him out again", muscular dude goes back to talking on the phone, IT guy figures out how to spy on his calls and record them, turns out he's talking to his mistress and saying some stuff that wouldn't be allowed even without overloading the phone, the IT guy eventually busts muscular dude and he gets thrown out of this base.

You know while I'm thinking about this, I've had an even weirder problem with Twitter before myself. These "hot ladies" following me on twitter when I'm a girl and I decided to put my middle name which is very obviously female there (probably dumb but at least it's not the last name, which my dad put his middle initial and our last name when he did his twitter). I blocked them all. It eventually irritated me enough to put out a message about it.

It actually stopped those spam followers. Surprise.

I had a tip, don’t play that golf clash game drunk. You lose all your coins in like 5 mins.

I know man I won 9 straight games Friday and then lost five straight games yesterday.. I definitely have learned my lesson not to play it when I've been drinking..

I know man I won 9 straight games Friday and then lost five straight games yesterday.. I definitely have learned my lesson not to play it when I've been drinking..

I went from over 4K coins to 39 in like 30 minutes. Now I have to start over. It’s depressing. Now I remember my I deleted this app a few months ago.

I went from over 4K coins to 39 in like 30 minutes. Now I have to start over. It’s depressing. Now I remember my I deleted this app a few months ago.

It's better than drinking then buying a truck load of coins to keep playing! So stupid of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back