• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
f8a270b15b1ba1330248679e11b00b39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alert popped up on my phone for a tornado warning... didn't realize there was a test today! Scared me for a second
Mine did to, but my said severe thunderstorm warning. I looked at the radar and was like where?

So if yellow stone erupts and we miss summer temps...bad timing?

Best source of freeze dried foods? I've got a good amount of supplies to get through, probably a week or so, but I've been considering some freeze dried foods anyway. Suggestions? @snowlover91 think you said you got some recently, don't mind asking, from where?

Best source of freeze dried foods? I've got a good amount of supplies to get through, probably a week or so, but I've been considering some freeze dried foods anyway. Suggestions? @snowlover91 think you said you got some recently, don't mind asking, from where?

Everywhere is pretty much sold out. Scalpers on eBay are selling then at outrageous prices lol. Amazon has them but they are quoting a 1-2 month wait, I ordered some end of February that were back ordered and they’re supposed to arrive by March 25th. I like the mountain house brand, they’re considered the best one out there. They do have pouches of freeze dried food on amazon still but I like the cans better.

Everywhere is pretty much sold out. Scalpers on eBay are selling then at outrageous prices lol. Amazon has them but they are quoting a 1-2 month wait, I ordered some end of February that were back ordered and they’re supposed to arrive by March 25th. I like the mountain house brand, they’re considered the best one out there. They do have pouches of freeze dried food on amazon still but I like the cans better.
Yeah I was leaning towards Mountain House and I also saw most were sold out. Again this isn't so much for the now (think I'm covered there, plus about to get the garden going, that should help) but more something I've been leaning towards anyway. Thanks

edit: And yeah trust me I know to stay away from Ebay during times like these lol

Yeah I was leaning towards Mountain House and I also saw most were sold out. Again this isn't so much for the now (think I'm covered there, plus about to get the garden going, that should help) but more something I've been leaning towards anyway. Thanks

edit: And yeah trust me I know to stay away from Ebay during times like these lol

Yeah mountain house is the best one imo. A lot of campers use them, and the food actually tastes really good. The big cans are the way to go for stockpiling at home, I have 5 right now and I’m waiting on the last two to ship. They’re great for hurricane season too, as long as you have a way to heat up boiling water and plenty of it you can make a nice hot meal which can be a big morale booster when in a bad situation. Unopened, they have a 30 year shelf life. Amazon is where I’ve ordered all mine from as they have the best prices on it typically.

Last edited:
Idea for any of you that are good with programming and maps- put together a live map showing school closings across the US. I haven't found one yet. I don't have the talent but it would be cool to watch. Someone could be the School closing knockoff version of the Johns Hopkins map.
Start the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back