• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are probably a lot of people wishing away the rain we've had this winter, and understandably so. However, it wasn't that many years ago 2013 or so that most of NC endured a hot summer with NW winds coming down off the apps. Many days with upper 90's and some low 100's in the mix. Seems like the only rain we saw that summer was due to Derecho type events that came out of the NW flow. Jordan Lake looked like a mudpuddle.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mngr if I have more than one feeling about a post I need to be able to do more than 1 reaction on a post has anyone ever felt this way like happy and crying at the same time hello
Suggestion: Reply to the post with an Emoji in the Whamby thread.
Example to my thoughts on this one:
o_O :confused:???

Is anyone familiar with the Jocassee Gorges on here?

It's a place in Northwest SC (and I think far southern NC too). I just learned about it today in reference to possibly going to the "SC mountains" (aka the Clemson reference). It seems like a neat place, but big. Where would you even start out here on places to go? Heck, where would a disabled person (my mom) get something interesting to see to boot too?

My guess would be Devil's Fork State Park but I'm still not sure where to begin.

It's a place in Northwest SC (and I think far southern NC too). I just learned about it today in reference to possibly going to the "SC mountains" (aka the Clemson reference). It seems like a neat place, but big. Where would you even start out here on places to go? Heck, where would a disabled person (my mom) get something interesting to see to boot too?

My guess would be Devil's Fork State Park but I'm still not sure where to begin.
If you want a good hike to go on, not necessarily easy, go to Gorges State Park and hike to Rainbow and Turtleback falls. One of my favorite places to go. And you can slide down turtleback falls. You won’t be disappointed

I actually just looked and I believe they are part of the same wilderness area. Maybe 20 minutes max apart from one another.

If you want a good hike to go on, not necessarily easy, go to Gorges State Park and hike to Rainbow and Turtleback falls. One of my favorite places to go. And you can slide down turtleback falls. You won’t be disappointed

I actually just looked and I believe they are part of the same wilderness area. Maybe 20 minutes max apart from one another.

They are.

Boy that'd probably take the cake if I had about medium or better athletic people to team up with other than dad (friends that I know of aren't good there), but as it is, mom will be around, and we can't leave her for long. 1-2 mile trail, average to medium would be our best bet.

For now I'm thinking stay in Clemson, but if the things near the NC border or in it impress me more I can probably flip it to NC near the Gorges State Park and have it be us drive to Clemson on the way back to see what dad had suggested when I brought it up (Clemson Experimental Forest, I think it's interesting but unless I got to see the wood ducklings, more milder than anything else). I've just now started looking. Those gorges are impressive for something that I didn't know was at least partially in SC.

Take a ride on into North Carolina to the gorges state park visitors center. They have maps and all the info you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back