• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Parker! Those are some hogs! What type of bait?

My go to is always a Texas rigged 7.5 inch zoom curly tail plastic worm in junebug or red bug. We had a bachelor weekend down in south Alabama for a buddy and hunted pigs all weekend, drank beer, shot guns, and did some fishing. These all were on a pumpkinseed worm. Good eating size!

That snow was all convective too. It had snowed for almost 5 hours that morning in Charlotte metro with temps in the mid 30s. Here in Wingate the sun actually came out early in the afternoon and warmed up temps to the lower 40s. I remember watching the radar that whole afternoon and it looking like a line of spring severe thunderstorms heading right for us. As soon as the snow started it was very heavy with thunder and the temperature crashed from 41 to 32 in just about 5 minutes. We ended up with 2.5 inches in only about an hour and fifteen minutes of snowfall
This was definitely fun I remember being in Apex And I saw it coming towards us and it was sunny and I was telling everyone we were going to get a squall line of snow with at least 1-3 inches possible and everyone thought the local meteorologists were crazy and then it got dark just like a thunderstorm and we had wild wind driven snow for a couple hours .. wild stuff

Shad run has started here in eastern NC. Rivers a high but I managed to catch one in just a few minutes in the cold this morning. The next month should be fun. Their nickname is the carolina tarpon.

Oddly enough, Tarpon spawn in the Pamlico Sound.

I love catching bass, but man at this point I’m just waiting for those summer nights fishing for flathead catfish, those things put one helluva fight, especially those 10 pound+ ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back