• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. In his Saturday Summary today, JB is suggesting the E US MAY still have a cold March. Note that he has finally given up on his cold winter forecast. He’s blaming warm W Pacific tropical waters.

2. In his video now that he’s already given up on this winter being cold, he gave a hint that next winter will be cold in the E US based on a CFSv2 projection of warmest water moving to where he thought it would be this winter. He thinks that would put the mean trough in the east instead of in the west. :) :) ;)

Edit: Why should we even believe the CFSv2 SST forecast? That warmth in the W PAC isn’t going to go away easily. I mean that’s what screwed up JB for this winter. But he’s considering again going with the model after being fooled? He doesn’t make sense imo.

Last edited:
If it's not going to be snowing can I have just like one week of dry so I can get my barn built please. The house too but I know that's way too much to ask. At least the birds would have better living quarters not under trees- a - leanin'. Would be interesting to have the non English speaking crew that I can't understand very well stuck in my pasture. They did a great job on my other barn except I had to fix the generator for them...I can only imagine how a mud bogging scenario would go...Lawd ...Thank you.

86a9a57aff3c45b9f159ffe38c30b476.png
18a91d8bbc2704610322daab3e86b14b.png
a4a0ae758555eef691b4655f70d56559.png

We can do this! My garden area has been tilled.
45a12eeca391e8e26824959300685f89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just have to compliment you on that good looking dirt!! Wish my dirt looked like that. :oops::D

0Z GEFS E10 = Snowicane, Blizznado, tropical iceclone, the chilly Willy-Willy, the mighty hail gail... that’s about all I can think of.

In my continuing 10-year quest to learn enough to one day be able to add something of value to this board besides obs - can someone clarify for me why the 540 line is in central FL on this map but the precip type is showing rain in GA?

View attachment 36220

Shallow precipitation, maybe closer to the surface, or even a thick pool of warm air at the surface, not sure of the exact model algorithm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back