• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Weather Channel's forecast for ATL has changed quite a bit over the past 12 hours for tonight going from rain/snow mix to rain changing to snow to this....

Cloudy skies this evening. A few snow showers developing late. Low 31F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

It's a low chance, but I guess they're going with the GFS & SR models. If anything develops it could be as early as 1am or as late as 4am.

EDIT: Sidenote, the HP over Iowa today actually did peak at 1047mb. It's nice to actually see models did a great job nailing the strength of a strong HP sliding out of Canada w/o the last minute weakening were used to seeing the models do come verification time.

Does anyone remember Ronnie Bobbitt from AmWx? I saw him in a tweet battle on Allan Huffman's Twitter account with some other dudes. His spelling and grammar is atrocious.
Yes that is the ultimate weenie. And he doesn't take criticism at all. Surprised he argued with someone on Twitter. He blocked me after one tweet where I called him out on his bogus wishcasting.

Yes that is the ultimate weenie. And he doesn't take criticism at all. Surprised he argued with someone on Twitter. He blocked me after one tweet where I called him out on his bogus wishcasting.

That’s basically what he’s fighting people about. He’s arguing with NWS RAH too. LOL. @bobbittweather3. He has like five different Twitter accounts. And wouldn’t you know it, he lives in Elizabeth City. I wish I knew where. Get the wife to help me TP his house and light a bag of dog turds on his doorstep.

Wouldn't call the NAM a winner at all, considering it slowly but surely kept cutting back at amounts, only to give a couple more weenie runs before ultimately ending up with far less (so far). We shall see.

I feel like it did well with synoptic scale short range modeling, but poorly with mesoscale modeling. Honestly, when it comes down to it, Euro may have done the best with the accumulations at the very very end.

Shortbread cookies with a Hershey kiss in the middle are A1. Just tried that recipe and they are great.

Miss you grandma. That was the first time I had any kind of shortbread in a while, the last time that wasn't me doing a chocolate shortbread was the last time my grandma made them before she went downhill.

Wouldn't call the NAM a winner at all, considering it slowly but surely kept cutting back at amounts, only to give a couple more weenie runs before ultimately ending up with far less (so far). We shall see.

I am not sure any model was a real winner with the amounts, but at least the NAM was consistent in showing a storm and didn't jump on board until the day before like the Euro.

I feel like it did well with synoptic scale short range modeling, but poorly with mesoscale modeling. Honestly, when it comes down to it, Euro may have done the best with the accumulations at the very very end.

When it finally joined the party yesterday.

When it finally joined the party yesterday.

The euro was one of the first models that showed this system last week

But I a kinda agree with you . The nam was consistent with the system but will end up busting horribly with the amounts which we’ve seen it do over and over throughout the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched snow actually melting hundreds of feet above me in this little pisser of a cold rain storm. What it could have been I guess with more cold air, or night time arrival and high pressure to the NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back