• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. Not impressed. The Midlands may see a BIT of snow activity around 8 PM and onwards, once the precipitation really starts to dry up. Lots of dry air filtering in, coastal taking off, HRRR is the only thing impressed, and even it's backing off and cutting off just north of Lexington.
Looks like our streak will continue Shawn. Hoping we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but ain't looking likely this winter either. I'd give anything for an SLP going through mid FL, and sliding off the coast. Good ole Southern slider style. Hope springs eternal I guess. Lol

LMAO! 3 hour delay for nothing, unless this pivots and starts putting down

Interesting tidbit from Chris Justus on the 6:30, talking about the low parking off the coast and pivoting, pointed out a band up in KY that could come down this way...

Got a few sleet pellets not long ago but no flakes here yet. Maybe the arctic plunge coming up will bring more chances soon. Glad at least NC and SC scored some today.

Forsyth county schools have a 2 hour delay tomorrow. At least something good came out of this lol.

Looks like our streak will continue Shawn. Hoping we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but ain't looking likely this winter either. I'd give anything for an SLP going through mid FL, and sliding off the coast. Good ole Southern slider style. Hope springs eternal I guess. Lol

Unfortunately, it wasn't cold enough here. But we cashed out without the significance of a SLP during the January '88 storm. It was a dynamic storm per the cold and getting belted with freezing rain, sleet, snow, sleet and topped off with more snow. It stayed or lingered around for a couple weeks or so because it was so cold that particular winter.

What a fun storm and fun times. I've said it before, but several of y'all missed out due to being too young or wasn't yet born during some intriguing southern snowstorms.

4bccc90234f6df206af28db574c4d5eb.jpg

Well that didn’t last long, at least the lake effect snow is still showing up south of Lanier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to complain anymore. Seeing 3 hours of moderate to heavy snow is a win in this winter. Even if it was only a dusting. But it's a lesson that teles do matter. Sure it snowed with atrocious teles. But it simply wasn't cold enough to stick much even with a 1040 high. Teles were simply too bad to overcome and get a good push of Arctic air or this would have maybe been one for the books. But the pattern is changing and maybe we can make one last run at a major storm before mid March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back