• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hoping Central AL will see at least a flake this winter, but it's not looking good. At least NC will get something fun this week.

That call from WNCN a few days ago where they confidently said there would be school for students in the Raleigh area on Friday likely won't be true. WCPSS closed for downed trees and power outages, they will absolutely close with the chance of an inch of snow.

I don’t know what to think about this storm. Do I worry about too little precip or pingers or rain? Every screwjob scenario is on the table now. So many ways for this to go wrong.

I don’t know what to think about this storm. Do I worry about too little precip or pingers or rain? Every screwjob scenario is on the table now. So many ways for this to go wrong.

I want the problem to be pingers as we would be under the heaviest precip. Then atleast parts of this forum would be getting heavy snow.

This could be a perfect or near perfect setup, and many folks would still be looking for ways this could go wrong. I'm not directing this at you, superjames.

But I can imagine some of the posts tomorrow and early Friday. It may make for good comedy.

You'll be in school on Friday for sure. This is a mountain and I-40 north storm. Hopefully we go straight to spring after this weekend and stay there.
I say Greenville and Spartanburg counties will be on a delay at the minimum..cold filtering in behind the most minor of accumulations will lock this in

I hope there isn't a situation where the storm comes to the Raleigh area earlier than anticipated and causes issues with traffic. Wondering if I should convince my wife to keep our son out of daycare and her from going to work.
I was just showing some people at work who are new to the area that crazy picture on Glenwood Ave. from the February 2014 storm. ?

On a very different note..... I'm probably the only person in the world that eats ghost pepper cheese (form Ashe County Cheese) and chases it down with hot black coffee ?

I have to conduct a meeting in the morning, ugh.... buuuuuut, it's my meeting and my employees will be the beneficiaries of the fastest meeting ever. Lol

I have to get a freakin cavity filled tomorrow morning at 8:30am. Well it's a re-filling a 30 yr old cavity.

My favorite part of the storm is tomorrow, when I stare at the radar loop for 5 straight minutes and convince myself the rain/snow line is shifting south and heavier precipitation is headed right for me. My own in house (or in head) model has a pretty terrible track record.

Spartanburg Co always seems to make its call based off Gville's decision. So annoying to me
1 and 2 in Spartanburg may get a delay Friday, but the others will be business as usual. Having to depend on cold air coming in to change rain over to snow almost never works in SC.

1 and 2 in Spartanburg may get a delay Friday, but the others will be business as usual. Having to depend on cold air coming in to change rain over to snow almost never works in SC.
I mean, other than the last time we had a decent snowfall here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back