• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the point here in Columbia where I'd be happy with some back end flurries or light snow. But what a disappointment that would be if the back end snow fell just North of Columbia like the NAM shows. Would be a nice slap in the face for us. Guess that's just the way it is down here. Oh well. Lol Maybe next year... Just like Gamecock football.

Lol, you know CAE is basically Hell now. We've obviously pissed off the snow gods for the foreseeable future.

Its funny, because morons would call the nam wrong if it wasn't showing 10 inches in their back yard, and the Euro was.
Hard to argue with that, but, I suppose many would buy the Nam's thermal profiles whether it says snow, sleet, fzrn, or rain.

Lol, you know CAE is basically Hell now. We've obviously pissed off the snow gods for the foreseeable future.
Yep, we have done something to them. CAE has seen similar snow droughts, but for whatever reason, this one feels like the worst. I know the 90s were bad also though. Hard to believe we haven't been under a Winter storm watch or warning in over 6 years now.

But I don't want to complain to much, won't do anything. It's just the way that it is down here. Maybe one of these days we will get our own special storm like Feb 2010.

I am at the point here in Columbia where I'd be happy with some back end flurries or light snow. But what a disappointment that would be if the back end snow fell just North of Columbia like the NAM shows. Would be a nice slap in the face for us. Guess that's just the way it is down here. Oh well. Lol Maybe next year... Just like Gamecock football.

That should be the new slogan for Columbia. Instead of Southern Hot spot or whatever it use to be. new slogan “Columbia..wait til next year “. It would cover sports, weather, road repairs, etc.

Yep, we have done something to them. CAE has seen similar snow droughts, but for whatever reason, this one feels like the worst. I know the 90s were bad also though. Hard to believe we haven't been under a Winter storm watch or warning in over 6 years now.
well chapin is just right up the road!

That should be the new slogan for Columbia. Instead of Southern Hot spot or whatever it use to be. new slogan “Columbia..wait til next year “. It would cover sports, weather, road repairs, etc.
If you think about it, it would make sense. Gamecock football hasn't beat Clemson since Fall of 2013. The Winter of 2013-2014 was our last good Winter. Well, we haven't beat Clemson since...

The curse on Columbia lives on... Lol

We need to stop giving the keys to the city to people like Ric Flair. There I said it. We have been cursed.

Wow I'm just catching up on reading for the day and I've got to say I'm leaning towards the NAM, just because I see the transition line is slowly creeping northward to its usual divide

So my big worry that if the NAM ends up being right, and the NWS, local mets, continue to downplay it until its too late a SnowJam 2014-like situation might happen in places like Charlotte, GSP, and so on.

yesterday you can say that and have a solid argument. Today not so much.

We have high-res mesoscale models CREATED for setups like this showing significant accumulations. This storm is literally "the perfect storm" for globals to miss. Weak vort energy with a weak LP... that's going to be hard for any global to grasp.

If the 00z set of mesoscale models hold and lock in then I think we have to toss globals. Its almost time to do that anyway

Is this the kind of situation that led to the Jan 2000 NC storm. Not having a MesoScale model back then to see finer details that would have changed the evolution of the forecast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back