• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see how both the NAM and GFS can be that wrong. I mean, the Euro isn't even close, in any way, shape or form. I will worry more if the NAM and GFS start trending away, but man if that's the case, I am never looking at those two models again!

It seems like normally the ECMWF shows massive totals and the NAM brings us to reality with the warm nose. With many recent winter storms like January 2016/2017, the ECMWF struggled with p-type by showing snow instead of sleet/ZR. I'm not sure about the ECMWF in this case.

can't remember whose signature it was but it read "if a model shows snow in the south past 48hrs, don't believe it!"

good advice.

It's really tough to get excited when the best model on the planet is a light snow confined to the far eastern part of NC
I've seen the NAM miss at this range plenty of times. But the Euro, even though it aint what it used to be, is probably not out to lunch here...at least not THAT out to lunch. Kind of already know how this is going to end. Hopefully, we at least get one or two more runs of the NAM to keep it interesting.

I just don't see how both the NAM and GFS can be that wrong. I mean, the Euro isn't even close, in any way, shape or form. I will worry more if the NAM and GFS start trending away, but man if that's the case, I am never looking at those two models again!
Also ask yourself, can the Euro really be that wrong? Something is about to bust bad.

I've seen the NAM miss at this range plenty of times. But the Euro, even though it aint what it used to be, is probably not out to lunch here...at least not THAT out to lunch. Kind of already know how this is going to end. Hopefully, we at least get one or two more runs of the NAM to keep it interesting.

Yeah, my goal was to get NAM'd...and we've been NAM'd 4 runs in a row. About all you can hope for around here.

It's funny....if the Euro was on top of the NAM right now we would be lamenting the inevitable north trend inside 60 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back