• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the warm nose and wake county gradient. I'll see you guys next winter
Looks good here 15 miles WNW of KRDU. I'll cash out verbatim. Amazing storm. But the warm nose will probably trend stronger...I'm going to be pissed if I sleet and Greensboro hammers. Maybe I should head back there to my parents' and WFH if this trends worse here...

Its the last 3rd of February basically, I haven't seen accumulating snow in 2 years, its every man for himself at this point.
It always is with these storms. We don't get enough snow around here to be charitable. ?

Good God, these weatherboards can be some of the most depressing places on the internet. Some of you all are just too much to handle. Many are already throwing in the towel and cliff diving when we still have a good two days to go. Some act as they've never experienced a winter storm in the South. We all know it ALWAYS comes down to nowcasting down here, as far as amounts ago. Yesterday, everyone was doing just fine and then a warm nose appears and suddenly it's mass hysteria. Then we have people chiming in from areas that were never really in the game, rooting for the warm nose to take over all of NC, and northern SC. Really? Be pleasant to one another. We all want snow. And I still think most of us in the Carolina's will see something.

Yes while the NAM is an excellent model, it still has biases that should be noted. Don’t just believe in a model because you like an outcome, you’re asking to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back