• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
His pattern recognition is good. He jumped on this one last weak and didn’t waiver when models began jumping around. He knows these setups tend to produce for us. Big high pressure x strung out wave pushed south = increased snow chances. He’s a smart guy
Why wasn’t there much more snow in the upstate on that 18z nam run is it to warm

Why wasn’t there much more snow in the upstate on that 18z nam run is it to warm
85 is the dividing line when the cold isn’t entrenched before a storm. I wish I could provide you with reasoning but that’s just the way it is with sprawling high pressure west of the mountains

Rah NWS may end up being correct, they obviously know what they are talking about, most of the time, but the eps is an outlier? Did I miss something here, I guess compared to the GFS it's an outlier b/c unless I missed it the CMC and it's ens, the ICON (which I know they don't really use) and the NAM show same thing

Part of their AFD....
If there is an opportunity for phasing of sufficiently deep moisture/omega
and cold air, it would be north and east of the Triangle, which is where the
outlier EPS solutions lie..

sleet for clt, would be typical. waste our qpf on sleet from a last minute warm nose.

Not in the sweet spot, but can I cash out now with my 6"?

giphy.gif

I personally think ATL still in play here. The NAM giving hope. The RGEM will save us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it was 6-12hrs slower that would possibly make a world of difference. We need this to a Thu night/Fri morning deal. I think back to that Euro run a few days back that slammed the I-20 corridor in AL/GA with snow, but I don’t remember the timeframe. I just don’t see that happening though. At least the NAM gives us some token snow showers so there’s that I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back