• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Charlotte please have its turn? Raleigh scored big during December 2018 while I got about a quarter of an inch...

For real! Raleigh has done a lot better over the last couple of years. The only part of the immediate Charlotte Metro that has done well, is the Lake Norman area. However, despite what many are saying and writing this off for the Southern Piedmont, I still feel like this is one of the best setups we've seen in a while. It won't take much for Charlotte to see something substantial. It's been an extremely wet winter. Every rainstorm we've had has over performed. I just can't imagine that this will be any different. We shall see.

Here's a blank map, why don't you draw a snowfall prediction of what your thinking.

View attachment 34942

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Charlotte please have its turn? Raleigh scored big during December 2018 while I got about a quarter of an inch...
Didn't you at least get flakes from the April system in 2019 and late January system in 2020? RDU struck out on both.

UK met office will invest £1.2 billion into a new supercomputer to "improve severe weather and climate forecasting"
Link

Didn't you at least get flakes from the April system in 2019 and late January system in 2020? RDU struck out on both.

There were no accumulations, at least here with any of those systems. Can't really count that, unless you count some token flakes.

I'm more excited about this one than I have been all winter but that's not saying much. With how awful this winter has been for RDU I would honestly be satisfied if we can somehow get a dusting and avoid a measurable snow-free winter.
Here's a blank map, why don't you draw a snowfall prediction of what your thinking.

View attachment 34942

I said yesterday I think the sweet spot for snow with this one will be Wake County northeast into VA.

I said yesterday I think the sweet spot for snow with this one will be Wake County northeast into VA.
Where the most snow will be. I thought that was self-explanatory.
I just thought since you keep reminding everyone of the sweet spot over your house you could draw it out and just keep reposting that instead.....you know for reanalysis.

Here’s kinda what I’m thinking rn, note this isn’t accumulation maps, just areas I think have more support and have a better shot at seeing snow actually fall, area in the black in SC is a area where ensembles have been hinting at something making it that far south so I added that since there’s uncertainty View attachment 34948

Why you gotta fringe me like that? smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back