• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 years ago today. One of the best events around here in the last decade only because of how strange it was. Zero hype the day before. Later on in the day of the 16th temps were in the mid to low 40’s and then boom out of nowhere heavy snow started falling and fell for the duration of the event with temperatures in the upper 30’s to near 40 degrees. Thundersnow was reported around GSP. I remember accumulating a quick 3”. Rates overcame that day. B6AFEBF1-AC80-4803-BC79-00E83640F0F7.jpeg738D9167-CDF0-449C-AEF5-3322B9294030.jpeg

This is me. Looks good its an solid threat but nothing is written in stone yet. Still have a couple of days to watch it.
Closest we've come all winter and the ensembles keep putting you and I in the sweet spot. You know as well as I do, that's good and bad haha.

This has over performer written all over imo, webb and others have mentioned how horrible models handle northern extent of overrunning precip. And in the possibility of a late blooming coastal.....who knows ??

This has over performer written all over imo, webb and others have mentioned how horrible models handle northern extent of overrunning precip. And in the possibility of a late blooming coastal.....who knows ??
I noticed it has become closer even for N GA. Just compare 18Z to 6Z on the GFS.
download (12).pngdownload (13).png
Another tick of higher precip and the temps should drop further, allowing for snow.

Yes I am and no I'm not excited haha, I'm cautiously optimistic
Same here. My 2 biggest concerns are having the best frontogenesis sitting along the nc/sc border and we have light green over us on radar but can't overcome the dry layer in between 850 and 925 or we get better frontogenesis but we stay too warm at 925 to the sfc and it's 36 and rain scenario

Atleast we are finally seeing some modest levels of consistency and a little better agreement over the last 18-24 hours.

CAE will never get snow again. This is getting ridiculous.

Good! Then maybe you'll finally move to North Dakota. You claimed Brick repeated himself. The pot calling the kettle.... Haha!

At least Brick seems like a positive individual. It's only weather.

Looks like I might be headed back up to NE Alabama this week
f3c352089328d91087953a89e13a41ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back