• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah even with the January 2018 storm, the Euro never lost it, It just got stronger as we got into NAM range. I'm not expecting anything, but I'll still follow this storm hopeing for a surprise.

We have our surprises and I’m welcome to one, I just can’t remember the last time the Euro almost blanked on snowfall on its ensembles inside 7 days and then we got 8” at RDU. Usually it has a hint. I’m welcome to chasing a SE NC snow though if it comes to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see it now, South Carolina sitting in a cold rain while North Carolina getting a heavy wet snow storm. A nice slap in the face. The way I like it.

I can see it now, South Carolina sitting in a cold rain while North Carolina getting a heavy wet snow storm. A nice slap in the face. The way I like it.
Climo :)

I endured many a cold/warm rain in FL the last few years while NC got pounded. I need some snow!

I think the Christmas/Boxing Day Storm Of 2010 kind of clouded people’s judgment a little. That was a textbook example of the models all losing the storm and then bringing it back at the last second, but I wouldn’t say that’s typical. Most storms are modeled ahead of time and don’t get “lost”. But it can and does happen, it just isn’t something that happens most of the time. But a lot of us remember that glorious storm and always refer back to it.

If only we could get another Feb 12th, 2010 storm. CAE wiffed on multiple storms that Winter. But Mother Nature came through and delivered a jackpot right over the Midlands. Wish we could get another storm like that.

Looks like more severe weather is on the way seems like that's all we are ever good for during the winter months... Rain, severe weather and above normal temperature #wash #rinse #repeat

No it isn’t dude!

Every time??? Please. Look through old event threads. More times than not the euro finds big snow events and keeps it up until the event. Especially inside 7 days. You’re just being a weenie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said almost every time.

giphy.gif

I think the Christmas/Boxing Day Storm Of 2010 kind of clouded people’s judgment a little. That was a textbook example of the models all losing the storm and then bringing it back at the last second, but I wouldn’t say that’s typical. Most storms are modeled ahead of time and don’t get “lost”. But it can and does happen, it just isn’t something that happens most of the time. But a lot of us remember that glorious storm and always refer back to it.
That's right. One model or the other may lose one time to time but not every model this close to the event.

Looks like more severe weather is on the way seems like that's all we are ever good for during the winter months... Rain, severe weather and above normal temperature #wash #rinse #repeat
I hate to say it, but I think that's what winter is becoming for the southeast.

Yet another winter where all three months are above normal temps. We can't even get ONE winter month to average below normal temps.

I'd even say Christmas 2010 had a caveat. If the phase happened it was going to work. It most likely wasn't really that storm "going away". It was more the players being on the table but it not joining up until late. That day was magical though (and it became magical for the Carolinas a day after) and if I didn't try to separate emotion from keeping it real, I might be in the same boat of saying "all of our southeast winter storms are lost and come back on models".

Yet another winter where all three months are above normal temps. We can't even get ONE winter month to average below normal temps.
Don't worry. March is right around the corner. It'll be below average guaranteed. April will also. Then we torch until November. It'll be below average before the torch of 20/21 sets in.

Don't worry. March is right around the corner. It'll be below average guaranteed. April will also. Then we torch until November. It'll be below average before the torch of 20/21 sets in.
I’ve got a belief that if this November is warm winter will be cold. That’s what I’m going to base my winter prediction off of.

I think our seasons are confused. It's been colder in March than in February lately, and September hotter than August, freezes in April, etc. Mother Nature needs to knock it off, because this act is very old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back