• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You predicted an early season tropical system forming in the Caribbean then somehow phasing into a cold plunge and creating the world's most insane super-blizzard in recorded history. IF an East coast blizzard occurs in the next few weeks, you didn't predict that at all. You predicted something off the scale ridiculous. And that is why people are making fun of you. For good reason.

You predicted an early season tropical system forming in the Caribbean then somehow phasing into a cold plunge and creating the world's most insane super-blizzard in recorded history. IF an East coast blizzard occurs in the next few weeks, you didn't predict that at all. You predicted something off the scale ridiculous. And that is why people are making fun of you. For good reason.
I call this little collab the “Sou’Easter”
C12C3368-B5E5-4396-A82B-7E47F0B62016.jpeg

The good thing is after we waste this big blockbuster late winter high pressure, winter is basically over. So just hold on a little longer guys. Our pain and anguish is almost done. I’m just grateful I was able to see some big flakes fly this year. It really was a blessing and I don’t take it for granted. Not even a little bit D945344B-F41C-4299-AECB-511E84A436A6.png

Looks like the UK is about to get hit again.

528f7f657c937bfa326df5f76c5ec724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my forcast temps for the brief "cold outbreak" the 14th and 15th have been rising the past 2 days that tells me all i need to know bout these so callec cold spells showing up late month

Looking more and more likely the 22 on both Nov 12 and Jan 22 will hold up as the coldest temp of the 2019-20 cold season(Nov-March). Teens still theoretically possible into late March, but after Feb 20, much less likely.

The coldest maximum has been 33 on Jan 20th. Also, holding right at 3.0 inches of snow for the winter, officially at CHA airport. I hold that in dispute. I had 4.5 at my house, with a couple traces thrown in there. Looking to snag one more miracle I guess.

Last edited:
I know I’ve got to go back to bed but I’m struggling with the fact that Sumter SC just got lollipopped with 20” while I got a light R/S mix ? ?

What?... I haven't looked at the 0z Euro yet. Is is showing a storm on a scale that I'm predicting? Feet of snow?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Yes. 20 inches in South Carolina. I suspect it may change by 12z but what the heck, eventually a storm of that magnitude will hit somewhere in the south again.

Yes. 20 inches in South Carolina. I suspect it may change by 12z but what the heck, eventually a storm of that magnitude will hit somewhere in the south again.
I just took a look at it, and wow! Yup, that could be the Mega Snow Storm '20!

just no where near your prediction.. at least admit that.
Yes, the 0z Euro isn't close to my prediction...but it could become closer to what I'm predicting. I still think it's possible a shortwave may come rushing down and phase with the main low. It just may turn out to be the storm on the scale of what I predicted. I can tell many other predictions for this storm, but a lot will think it's crazy lol. But, I wouldn't really mind telling them anyway. I mean -- I have said the storm would dump feet of snow in my prediction, and the 0z Euro does show that across some area's...and that makes me more confident about my prediction. It's actually quite amazing that I predicted snow in feet with this possible storm, and the most reliable model ends up showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back