• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with a +NAO. There have been a good number of major (and even historic) SE winter storms during a +NAO. That includes the one from Saturday, which also occurred during a very strong +AO and a phase 5 MJO.

Now if were to not have a return of a+PNA, that would be a horse of a different color.

Horse of a different color, Hmmm...

Notice the SER ...

horse_of_a_different_color_mousepad-r54e2b45d876b4a41857c2a6d7465cc84_x74vi_8byvr_512.jpg

The colors all match our pattern, Larry ... :eek:

Looking for more signs of the Mega Snow Storm '20. There is indeed a blizzard that has hurricane characteristics on a few of the 18z GEFS members. Reminder, not looking for details. Again, according to my prediction, this storm would begin to form southwest/WSW of Jamaica that tracks along the gulf stream.
e157c06bfbe98bb0d0be422d9dbc65c6.jpg
bef40dbd09dceacf57a4cc01754add27.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I just got tongue tied and said WxWatch's Wizzard. Lol! I like this Blizzard talk. The 2020 Super Wizzard!

Teles? Don doesn't need no stinkin' teles!

During the Blizzard of 1993, the MJO was phase 4, the NAO was +0.5, the AO was +1.7, and the PNA was -0.2!!

Nice. I guess it just comes down to the same thing it always does. Timing along with a little luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for signs for the Mega Snow Storm '20 that I am predicting. Some of the members do indeed show a blizzard by late month. Just looking for signs, not details so please don't @ me saying, "it's just for the Mid Atlantic/Northeast." It's hard to see the Mega Snow Storm '20 on these maps... I needed a wider view. (I wish the GEFS members had a closer map of the Caribbean.)
da4c46a1a9c6304fdd5213b1094a423c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Did you even look at the members to see how they got a storm ??? It’s no where close to the weird scenario you came up. You should look at how members get to their solution before claiming it’s what you said would happen

Did you even look at the members to see how they got a storm ??? It’s no where close to the weird scenario you came up. You should look at how members get to their solution before claiming it’s what you said would happen

Blizzard cancel? ?

I did actually look at them on how the storm forms, and yes, they are no where near my prediction on where the storm forms. I still think the main storm would form well south over warm ocean waters in the Caribbean, and the phase occurs off of the Southeastern US coast...not further north what those members shown.

So, I now officially ran into a conundrum earlier today. I went to the dental college to get my second opinion and I received it. It was 3 cavities instead of the 10 I heard in the middle of January. When I revealed the number I was told, the dentist that looked then went into a story about how the several other suspicious looking spots can be mistaken for them but I think if you watch them and take care that they can remain stains for years.

Only problem was I couldn't get in there because it wasn't a complicated issue, and I had chosen a step up because I was a little nervous about being at the student clinic with the newer people instead of the resident one and didn't like the wait time. I told my dad I didn't want to go there and he wasn't happy. We kind of compromised, but I'm still not sure what a 3rd person might tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back