• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could luck into some really entrenched cold air with a deep trough digging into the east and a status quo juicy wave that we seem to get every week for the past 3 months then a big blizzard measured in feet up the eastern seaboard is not out of the question. You could see how a soggy pattern like this could produce an anomalous late winter storm like the one you speak of. Record +AO dives into the negative spilling all of that cold air that has been trapped at the pole all winter into the US..use your imagination people
I'm loving the optimistic Jimmy. Crazy what seeing snow will do.
giphy (11).gif

Haha, I know my predictions make some laugh, while some may take it serious. Some will say, "that's just for entertainment," which is completely fine. I have a strong feeling that a blizzard will occur sometime during the tail end of this month or by March 10th that will about the same strength as the '93 blizzard or stronger. I am predicting that the low would be a 960-965mb off of the southeastern coast and strengthening to a 955mb at it's lowest.
See you 3/11 unless I'm reinforcing my roof from the 22+inches of snow

If we could luck into some really entrenched cold air with a deep trough digging into the east and a status quo juicy wave that we seem to get every week for the past 3 months then a big blizzard measured in feet up the eastern seaboard is not out of the question. You could see how a soggy pattern like this could produce an anomalous late winter storm like the one you speak of. Record +AO dives into the negative spilling all of that cold air that has been trapped at the pole all winter into the US..use your imagination people
One has to wonder going from such a +AO to a -AO could open the door for something good. We are certainly looking at historic numbers which may very well produce a historic storm. ;)

I know some will think I'm crazy for predicting a blizzard (lol) -- a 1 out of 200 year storm. My prediction is a presentiment. No, I am absolutely not on drugs; I'm just a very intelligent thinker. I think hurricane season will start super early this season, and the blizzard I'm predicting will be basically an early hurricane, but with snow -- a snowcane.

I had a broken watch that was correct twice a day.

With the ongoing flooding along I-20 between BHam -ATL . The construction that started 50 years ago now won’t be completed until 3045. Honestly the longer road project ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See you 3/11 unless I'm reinforcing my roof from the 22+inches of snow
Yes, I think there will be a few tropical disturbances before June. The storm I am predicting, I think will be a double phase, the southern branch is going to drop further south and a shortwave will phase with the main low. Due above normal SSTs and a double phase, this storm will strengthen significantly and deepen very rapidly.

Haha, I know my predictions make some laugh, while some may take it serious. Some will say, "that's just for entertainment," which is completely fine. I have a strong feeling that a blizzard will occur sometime during the tail end of this month or by March 10th that will about the same strength as the '93 blizzard or stronger. I am predicting that the low would be a 960-965mb off of the southeastern coast and strengthening to a 955mb at it's lowest.
Why? Just gut feeling stuff?

Well, if it is all about trends (if one trusts trends long range) ... perhaps a cool March ... or then again ... perhaps ...

4indices.png

I got 3.5in Saturday but it melted too fast. I’m ready for that snowstorm of EVER WXWatch is talking about.

Congratulations sir! That's 3.5 more than I'll receive this year most likely. Did your old house get any or does the streak live on down there?

Congratulations sir! That's 3.5 more than I'll receive this year most likely. Did your old house get any or does the streak live on down there?

Thank you. Yes I was told that got a a Dusting. So glad we moved north! Now I’m sure I’ll have to wait another 6 years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back