• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Dang, it’s hard to believe that’s already here. I remember the last one thinking the next on was a long way off, LOL.
I feel the same. I took a half day at the last one and carefully picked a route from the house to Skeena Gap using back roads to avoid traffic. Everything worked perfect until a minute before totality when storm moved from east to west off the Blue Ridge and obscured it. Still got to see the darkness but ruined the pictures. Looking back it is funny that a single stormed moved the opposite direction from what is normal.

Our former WSW have now evolved into flurry alerts. Sad times my friends.

I don’t always snow, but when I do, I virga.

14cfa60cbaca076550ff35d45a2edb07_w200.gif

It’s interesting because phase 4, is a warm phase, yet that storm occured
I’ve done some research the last couple months and surprisingly there have been a number of significant winter storms in the CLT area that the MJO has been in warm phases. The key is keeping it low amped

I might be but I'm convinced the weather will be awful at least locally 🤣 totality is only 3-4 hours away for me but it's April in the Plains. Dallas has nearly 4 minutes of totality 😲
We got over 2 minutes of totality in August 2017 here. It was pretty cool although I feel some people overate it. First off it’s not pitch black. It’s dark as if 10 minutes before the sun comes up over the horizon type thing. Still very cool in the middle of the afternoon seeing stars and stuff when a few seconds before the sun was out.

But we were running to hug the crap out of the weeklies back in January…

View attachment 146786
I was absolutely buying into them… because they were following climo and the whole winter we had followed climo for a moderate to strong El Niño basically to a tee. Now if I start see a look like that show up now in an ensemble inside 8-10 days then I’ll be interested. Oh and I do think we end up having a fairly cold stretch some time in March… I just don’t expect it do anything other than severely damage the peach and berry crop

Back