• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Have the models ever handled the MJO wrong in our favor? Seems like if the models are wrong itā€™s always in the way of being wrong about cold and never warm. Why is that.
I have been presented some new info that I'm looking at will respond to this ASAP, I want to chase this first bc it makes a lot of sense.

I have been presented some new info that I'm looking at will respond to this ASAP, I want to chase this first bc it makes a lot of sense.
The problem in the Pacific actually starts in the Atlantic? AMO causes a downstream pattern in Europe, they torch, leads to Siberia freezing with the coldest anomalies on the planet always there, causes a EAMT that ----- the Pacific and us every year? Just kidding I have no idea, just getting tired of the same ---- every year regardless of what all the other signs point to.

I have no idea man. Seems I remember the talk that warm blob helped us in 13-14. Now it doesn't. Nobody knows.
Kinda feels like this is a top-down bottom related issue aka the strat which has been a certain way the last several years, but this fail was caused by rapid weakening of the MJO forcing

The problem in the Pacific actually starts in the Atlantic? AMO causes a downstream pattern in Europe, they torch, leads to Siberia freezing with the coldest anomalies on the planet always there, causes a EAMT that ----- the Pacific and us every year? Just kidding I have no idea, just getting tired of the same ---- every year regardless of what all the other signs point to.
Actually kind of yes

Call me crazy but Iā€™d like to experience another big ice storm. I remember several from the early 2000ā€™s but nothing since. Some great memories walking around at night while it sounded like a war zone around me. Nothing like it. Iā€™d like to shut the grid down for a week minimum. Donā€™t @ me

Call me crazy but Iā€™d like to experience another big ice storm. I remember several from the early 2000ā€™s but nothing since. Some great memories walking around at night while it sounded like a war zone around me. Nothing like it. Iā€™d like to shut the grid down for a week minimum. Donā€™t @ me
Same

Even here in Denver of all places some places may make a run for 70 this week I mean how screwed up is that and apparently it's been the pattern most of the winter here

The snow has no staying power outside the mountains

Maybe we got this all wrong and it has nothing to do with patterns and ENSO and waves and solar output and ice or any of that. Maybe we all need to wear our socks inside out, or drink out of matched cups, or make only left hand turns on our commutes. Surely there's something ridiculous we can do or stop doing that will make a difference!

I remember December 202, like it was yesterday! Great storm!

I remember December 202, like it was yesterday! Great storm!
That was the one. Seems like it could have gone either way in that one? Mets thought maybe snow and then as we got closer it turned into a big ice storm. Me and a few friends stayed over at my buddies house that night.lost power for several days. He lived in Shellstone in FI. Tons of old oak trees in that subdivision and they were snapping limbs off the tops and when theyā€™d hit the ground it would shake you. A big one broke off that night and hit the top of his chimney and we thought the house was coming down. It was a cold storm too! We layed in the den by that log fire all night. Good memories!

Sure is a huge ring around the moon. Wow

Attachments

• unnamed (14).jpg
    unnamed (14).jpg
    883.2 KB · Views: 7
Back