• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Does anyone know why the models took so long to pick up on how crappy the PAC was gonna be? Weeklies never showed it for months.

They handled the mjo wrong the gfs from last Sunday was rolling right into p8/1View attachment 146698

Now it's just a mess with really the most legit signal over the MC

View attachment 146699
Have the models ever handled the MJO wrong in our favor? Seems like if the models are wrong it’s always in the way of being wrong about cold and never warm. Why is that.

Have the models ever handled the MJO wrong in our favor? Seems like if the models are wrong it’s always in the way of being wrong about cold and never warm. Why is that.
Yes but not in the last half decade.

I have a number of theories if you are really interested to hear it bc otherwise it's a tldr post

Yes but not in the last half decade.

I have a number of theories if you are really interested to hear it bc otherwise it's a tldr post
I'd certainly love to hear it because I'm at a complete loss how it avoids the good phases during winter everytime regardless of Enso or SST's etc. What's going on with the Pac is past the point of ridiculous

Yep. 30 degrees with a thick cloud deck is crazy. Torture
Told the Familia on way home from church, there was the second big chance we missed out on seeing a good snow this winter. Other than a fluke curveball, it'll be next winter at the earliest before we have another shot.
For me gonna go ahead and make the garden bigger, adding another raised bed and bout time to start the seedlings inside.

You can get Daytona 500 tickets for like 40$ today! Y’all come on down

I'd certainly love to hear it because I'm at a complete loss how it avoids the good phases during winter everytime regardless of Enso or SST's etc. What's going on with the Pac is past the point of ridiculous

Does it have to do with the large area of positive SST anomalies in the NPAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back