• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Averages starting to rise and it’s really starting to show on ens means. Getting to that Time of the year where days getting to 60F is getting easier and easier. In 4-5 weeks that’ll be 70F instead, and 7-9 weeks 80F, and then week 12-14 we are cooking and it’s full on summer baby View attachment 146454View attachment 146455

Starting to feel February is the new March honestly, the first spring month. I think this hobby east of the mountains has been reduced down to basically a two month window, say December 15 to February 15 generally.

It's never going to snow again localized GW has consumed NC and SC Memphis is the new boone

Bingo. It doesn't just seem insurmountable that we will ever see a flake a snow fly again in central NC....it actually has turned to impossible.

I pushed my work Utah trip ot to March 3rd week and now with the cold dumping out west I better be flying into a blizzard

View attachment 146462
Pattern will break down by then. This animal will not you win. Look what happened to Mack and Brent when they tried to leave and find snow. RIP

Bring on spring bring on spring
It's coming, but I still say it will be late. Miserable March still incoming cold/nasty 40s and rain lots of freezes behind the cold rain events etc... And I still would not be surprised if at least the upper SE gets some snow.

One thing I don't agree with is the notion that 2m temp anomalies aren't useful in the extended. It was fairly clear that the core of the cold was going to dump in Asia. People who brought that up got mocked and LOL'd and there was a million likes, snowman on those mocking posts.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-t2m_f_anom_5day-8754400.png

One thing I don't agree with is the notion that 2m temp anomalies aren't useful in the extended. It was fairly clear that the core of the cold was going to dump in Asia. People who brought that up got mocked and LOL'd and there was a million likes, snowman on those mocking posts.

View attachment 146466
I'd still say they aren't

Back