• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I remember an early season storm back in the 90’s in the first couple of days of December. Here in the triad we had a winter storm warning and expecting 4-8 or 6-10 inside 12 hours or maybe even 6 hours. We never saw a single flake as everything shifted way east. Raleigh was on the same boat. That may have been the worst short term fail I recall.

TW

Someone from roughly Greensboro to Roanoke Rapids is gonna get nammed in the next 36 hours.
Euro already hinting at that

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

I remember an early season storm back in the 90’s in the first couple of days of December. Here in the triad we had a winter storm warning and expecting 4-8 or 6-10 inside 12 hours or maybe even 6 hours. We never saw a single flake as everything shifted way east. Raleigh was on the same boat. That may have been the worst short term fail I recall.

TW

December 4, 2000, a day that will live in infamy for many. At least the Carolina Crusher was earlier that year.

december_4_2000_nc_snowmap.gif

December 4, 2000, a day that will live in infamy for many. At least the Carolina Crusher was earlier that year.

I still get nauseous when looking at that. I remember hoping in the car and driving down I40 east 20 mnins and seeing it pour snow.

Of all the ones we've missed, that one hurts the most. The rams were in town to play the Panthers and Jim Cantore was reporting from the stadium. There still hasnt been a home snow game to this day.

Back