• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

It’s been a pleasure doing business with you guys again this year. Unfortunately same scenario as last year with most all of us on the outside looking in. Bring on La Niña 2024 with better winter luck.

Last edited:
Yet another case of a MJO rug pull. MJO forecasts are useless. I can do better cutting open a persimmon seed.

View attachment 146313
If you're a believer in the MJO being an important pattern influencer in the winter, then you're is the typical wintertime configuration and should pretty well know what to expect.

We've been through bad years before. Logically, I'm thinking we'll break out of this climate pattern and have some good years upcoming. Of course my weather wiener self, thinks it'll never snow again. One thing that still giving me hope, the models keep spitting out fantasy snows. We know not to take these outputs seriously, but having the models show these scenarios indicates (at least) the models think it can still snow. So my thinking is, it'll eventually snow again. When is the question.

It’s a funeral type mood in here today!?
It’s only weather, geez!

I’m normally fine with no snow once I accept it. I’m about 97% there …. It’s about time for March Madness and then onto the absolute worst time of year May - September is when it’s Hot as balls and I hate being outside. I’ve begged my wife to move to Canada for years, ppl move down here from up north to escape snow , I wanna move from NC To escape Carolina Summers I absolutely despise it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m normally fine with no snow once I accept it. I’m about 97% there …. It’s about time for March Madness and then onto the absolute worst time of year May - September is when it’s Hot as balls and I hate being outside. I’ve begged my wife to move to Canada for years, ppl move down here from up north to escape snow , I wanna move from NC To escape Carolina Summers I absolutely despise it.

Do you really need to move to Canada to escape hot summers ? There are plenty of places in the US that have tolerable summers. Just move to the NC mountains.

Do you really need to move to Canada to escape hot summers ? There are plenty of places in the US that have tolerable summers. Just move to the NC mountains.

Canada was just a Joke but yea no I’m definitely with you lol It wasn’t a political thing just furthest North I could think of. NC Mountains still have humidity and it gets above 75

Coastal Maine.

Only accumulation I was seeing in the cape fear region was the yellow kind and it's way to early for that!!! Luckily the rain today is rinsing the early start to pollen down the gutters.

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_us_34.png

this look, disturbance diving through front range dragging a cold high behind it, is usually central casting for our setups and to see it peter out is bleak
This is my exact thought of why I still have not lost hope yet, looks like a classic look before a snowstorm for someone on the east coast. I tell you what though my hope is really fading.

Well we can't snow but we know how to wind...... Lol

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central North Carolina.

* WHEN...From 3 AM to noon EST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
result.

Well we can't snow but we know how to wind...... Lol

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

* WHAT...West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph
expected.

* WHERE...Portions of central North Carolina.

* WHEN...From 3 AM to noon EST Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
result.
My favorite weather is a good windy scenario. Since my move to the cape fear I've had winds over 40 atleast 5 tines and gusts 60+ twice

Hate to say it but a lot of meteorologists who called for a clear and significant pattern change were blinded by the projected indices yet again. We’ve got to get better at this.

Hate to say it but a lot of meteorologists who called for a clear and significant pattern change were blinded by the projected indices yet again. We’ve got to get better at this.

I just can't believe it. I mean everyone said no way it would be worse than last winter but at least last winter everyone was miserable. I mean between Kansas and Tennessee this year just it's been way worse for me. I don't get it and tbh I don't even care anymore this winter is ruined for me here

I just can't believe it. I mean everyone said no way it would be worse than last winter but at least last winter everyone was miserable. I mean between Kansas and Tennessee this year just it's been way worse for me. I don't get it and tbh I don't even care anymore this winter is ruined for me here
How much snow did you get ?

Back