• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Nothing like watching Facebook friends make snowmen while my mud moistens. Winters have been brutal lately. And I’m only 20 minutes from Tennessee

Look. We have a major SSWE looming and Yellowstone is long overdue. Ya just never know.
Throw in the North Atlantic current thing shutting down and major sunspots ready to blast our polluting butts to oblivion on the heap as well.

We will definitely know we are at the end if JB decides to become a clown instead of being a meteorologist.

Years ago models 5 days out would show snow , then it would back off move SE and days 3and 4 were a mess no snow very little snow . Then day 2 would arrive and models went back to day 5 forecast of snow and we knew of model biases . They made changes to the models thinking they would be better, GFS especially it’s been off a lot more than on.

I expect the models to flip flop the next days up until day 2 or 3 with this storm

Im officially out. Punting this winter away. Should have done it in November. Strong el nino winters are always the worst as weve seen once again ,the pac air onslaught just overwhelms. Lesson is when you see one coming, move on.
To the Fab Feb conical hoopla that was being sold. Maybe in a low end el nino, perhaps moderate. But it dont work in strong el ninos. We have as much luck scoring in strong la nina as we do strong el nino.
Appreciate the board , all the wx post. Maybe next year we can stay neutral, La Nada...

1707738973350.png

Back