• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I specifically remember Greg Fishel talking about how it is harder to get snow in the Triangle because of our proximity to the ocean and the air being warmer coming off the ocean. It only makes sense then if the ocean is getting warmer and warmer then it will be even harder to get snow here.
Roxboro gets 5 times the snow RAH does! I know you don’t live in Roxboro, but they are close enough

Always one run from Fair weathers being sucked back in. It’s 6-7 days out and there is no consistency from any suite …. Good or bad, does that not scream it’s not over yet? Why Fret until like Weds 18Z if it’s still showing pain, then we’re out. This isn’t even wishcasting it’s basic stuff we see every year with models in our area. Even good storms VERY RARELY do they lock onto a solution 6-9 days out and hold it without some pain in between. It’s not like it’s even that far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only storm I remember tracking really far in advance(five or more days)was February 2009 and January 2011 and even they bounced around. The rest sprung up much quicker.

Reactions: SD
Always one run from Fair weathers being sucked back in. It’s 6-7 days out and there is no consistency from any suite …. Good or bad, does that not scream it’s not over yet? Why Fret until like Weds 18Z if it’s still showing pain, then we’re out. This isn’t even wishcasting it’s basic stuff we see every year with models in our area. Even good storms VERY RARELY do they lock onto a solution 6-9 days out and hold it without some pain in between. It’s not like it’s even that far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is nice and all but let’s give it up. This one is done and so is this winter. And that’s not trolling that’s just calling it like it is.

I’d be willing to go out on a limb and say nobody in SC will ever see snow again after the month of Feb. I don’t mean ever again, I just mean no more March/April snows ever again.
Wouldn’t surprise me. I live in Georgia and haven’t seen March or April snow in 15 years.

Back