• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

How many times in last two seasons have you had a major storm and been a degree or two too warm for snow? I’m pretty sure it’s zero times. Any other theories?
Why does it matter if it's a degree or two or 5 to 10 degrees too warm? It's still too warm. And there have been plenty of times in the past few years when we did get snow that the totals were cut down because of a warm layer that turned it to rain.

Same bro. My positivity has tanked today. I know that it can reverse at any point. But for now it’s just whatever at this point.
I'm with y'all. I think I've reached that point of ready for the threats teases to be over. I'm the type of person in the heart of winter that is never happy if temps aren't in the 30s and hate warm days where highs are over 50s until I accept winter is over, then I embrace all those sub 80 days we have left until misery sets in come April/May. Time to embrace sub 80s again.

My theory is that when we do get a snow storm the GOM is so hot now almost boiling at 211 degrees Fahrenheit that the gulf robbing convection will be so bad there will be EF5 tornadoes in Macon and only a thick cold almost frozen cloud deck in the Carolinas

Some of you guys have to be posting stuff here simply to get reactions. No way some of this is real and if it is it'll be OK the sun will still come up tomorrow and the models will probably be different

In all seriousness where does everyone think we go from here? On to trying to track another late season system or onto something more springish just curious what everyone’s thoughts are

In all seriousness where does everyone think we go from here? On to trying to track another late season system or onto something more springish just curious what everyone’s thoughts are
if something works out in March it will prob have to be a ULL like what Brent And Buford are seeing in Oklahoma today. They’re about to see some heavy snow

I’m done, we are gonna go past 1000 days snowless. Never thought I would see it

Some of you guys have to be posting stuff here simply to get reactions. No way some of this is real and if it is it'll be OK the sun will still come up tomorrow and the models will probably be different

The sun doesn’t work like it used to, either. Now we have nonstop sunshine for 24 hours a day and the sun angle has become more severe somehow.

Back