• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Dam we suck again and BP the GOAT...lol
Was hoping to be tracking snow after fishing tournament Saturday instead will be tilling a garden
If he turns out to be correct I give him props for simply stating he just didn't see any/enough cold air. That said, what models was he reading back then that we missed or was it a lucky guess?

As someone stated on this very board last week--Betting against snow in the southeast is not really a risk.

Alright last bitter post for a while. I apologize. Epic trends like this get me that way sometimes View attachment 146017
This is why I cringe when people start harping on suppression with systems a week away. Cold plunges at that range are almost always overdone. But, in this case, overdone is much too kind.

If he turns out to be correct I give him props for simply stating he just didn't see any/enough cold air. That said, what models was he reading back then that we missed or was it a lucky guess?

As someone stated on this very board last week--Betting against snow in the southeast is not really a risk.
He doesn’t get props for ?. If you live in the South and say it’s not gonna snow, you’re gonna be right 98% of the time and that’s the bottom line! Anybody can run around and point out the ways it won’t snow or get cold, but those people are simps and it’s annoying AF

GSP
Snowless years
2024?
Prior to this no snow less years in History.
Now 3 since 12 and would appear to be 2 in a row.
?‍♂️?
It received a trace last year so this would just be the second. There were actually a couple of snow showers around the upstate last year, I think I even saw one in April, just never any accumulation. Haven't seen any this year.

Some of yall have to know how exhausting you are on here.
I mean if you're going to read the whamby thread what do you expect. Maybe I missed the point, but I always thought the whamby thread was for all these one liners, "woe is me", negative Nancy posts (sarcastic or not), silly memes, and over the top reactions. Most of us do a good job of keeping all that out of the legitimate threads and only post meaningful things there. If we're going to have a weather board for people that are into weather stuff there is going to have to be thread where people can be silly and express some disappointment. Same thing happens with sports forums. I think most of the stuff in this thread is pretty "quip" toungue in cheek type stuff. I don't know; maybe I have the wrong idea of the whamby thread, if so I'll happily stop being silly in it.

I mean if you're going to read the whamby thread what do you expect. Maybe I missed the point, but I always thought the whamby thread was for all these one liners, "woe is me", negative Nancy posts (sarcastic or not), silly memes, and over the top reactions. Most of us do a good job of keeping all that out of the legitimate threads and only post meaningful things there. If we're going to have a weather board for people that are into weather stuff there is going to have to be thread where people can be silly and express some disappointment. Same thing happens with sports forums. I think most of the stuff in this thread is pretty "quip" toungue in cheek type stuff. I don't know; maybe I have the wrong idea of the whamby thread, if so I'll happily stop being silly in it.
I actually figured I'd be banned by now if I made it to mid Feb snowless again this year. And I may be close, but as of now I'm still here. Honestly being snowless this long isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm getting numb to it and sort of expect it now. Kinda like being a Panthers fan. I used to be die hard. Now we've sucked for so long I don't go out of my way to watch the games. And if I am home and turn it on I'm asleep by halftime and don't care what happens.

Nobody is getting banned for what they say in this thread. That said don't get mad if folks hit you with a clown reaction or say they are tired of reading winter cancel posts since this thread is kind of a default OT thread too.

I will say at some point this thread and the actual pattern thread can't have this binary relationship where one is grossly negative and one is only positive. There's some reality and fruitful discussion that lives in the middle and that seems to get more and more buried behind emotion

lol I was Screwing with you but yea hell I would man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The crap I'm using is hard to output in a readable form that's useful for anyone to look at.

It started off cold AF.. like 850s at 4F, and was showing deep south, even northern fl snowfall.. and common sense says.. that the cold push wouldn't have been so strong so I was excited that it kept hammering us with it.

Over the last couple of days, they literally went completely 180 and instead of 4F at 850, they were showing 33,36,37+ progressively.

Then the mainstream models started catching up showing weaker and weaker high pressure etc.

These machines are awesome, but even they shouldn't be used past day 5, obviously.

Back