• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I know we say that for met winter but it can snow up until April with obviously reduced chances as we progress through March. I know some of you are further south than me but at least here in the NC we still have decent snow chances until March 15th or so. Thats more the date I hang it up here. If the models look bleak March 10th or so, then yes I'm done. That gives me 1 month left to score.
Yes back in the old days it used to snow every now and then in March and sometimes April but things dont work like they used to. I haven't seen snow in March since 2009 I don't think.

I brought up a month ago if you guys prefer (Piedmont NC/SC) a shut out (To keep this insanely long record breaking drought) or getting a crap sloshy half inch.

Where ya' leaning?

I go with keep the record breaking snow drought going.

:mad:

Warmest winter anomolies are centered on Dubuque! Y’all really ****ed this up for us ☹️
Sorry! Trust me , I had a 10 day stretch of glory, and it was amazing and all that, but even then it was snowing at 31-32 degree’s, for both my big storms! Cold is very hard to come by, even here! Weeks and weeks of above average temps

I hear people saying “ the models were showing cold, big ridge, yadda, why can’t it go back to looking good??
For whatever reason, and you can check stats, it can’t get a cold pattern right 5 days out,but it will never be wrong when it shows a crap or warm pattern!

I strongly suggest for some of you to just take a short drive when it snows in the mountains. Ever since I started chasing one snow a year, I don’t get near as bent out of shape when my backyard doesn’t score. It obviously sucks, but as long as I get to see it hammer once a winter then I’m a happy man. It’s going to snow again, whether many of yall believe it or not. We live in the southeast, which ain’t the place to be if you want to see snow every year.

I definitely post much less because if I posted all the time, then I’m afraid I’d be pretty miserable. Stepping back from the models from time to time is definitely healthy for your mind.

I strongly suggest for some of you to just take a short drive when it snows in the mountains. Ever since I started chasing one snow a year, I don’t get near as bent out of shape when my backyard doesn’t score. It obviously sucks, but as long as I get to see it hammer once a winter then I’m a happy man. It’s going to snow again, whether many of yall believe it or not. We live in the southeast, which ain’t the place to be if you want to see snow every year.

I definitely post much less because if I posted all the time, then I’m afraid I’d be pretty miserable. Stepping back from the models from time to time is definitely healthy for your mind.
MoThe brains are looking sketchy after last nights runs. They need it!

Actually you're wrong. It may not snow every year in Alabama but along I85 its supposed to snow every year. That's why there have only been 2 years ever without it here. Now we're going for the 3rd and 1st back to back. All in the last 11 years. Now no, it's not always supposed to be a big snow. An awful lot of years only produce a dusting. But we can't even get it to fall from the sky anymore. Of course frustration is going to be high.

I plan to chase the next one. Just a couple hours drive North. I almost did when TN got their snow in January. I like seeing snow at least once a year. Last season we made our own via snow gun. This year I'll chase and then call it a season.

Dam we suck again and BP the GOAT...lol
Was hoping to be tracking snow after fishing tournament Saturday instead will be tilling a garden

Actually you're wrong. It may not snow every year in Alabama but along I85 its supposed to snow every year. That's why there have only been 2 years ever without it here. Now we're going for the 3rd and 1st back to back. All in the last 11 years. Now no, it's not always supposed to be a big snow. An awful lot of years only produce a dusting. But we can't even get it to fall from the sky anymore. Of course frustration is going to be high.
I actually just shared a similar sentiment with my colleagues last week.

Back