• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I think this is worse than last winter for me... I mean at least last winter 4 hours north of here didn't have a foot of snow before Christmas... To be that close and have basically nothing is just shocking
You did better than everyone out this way Brent

Don’t you know only the GFS Controls the mood ? Canadian was nice, ICON looked to be nice or headed to Nice and EURO could look nice but GFS is end all be all. Not condemning anyone’s opinion, especially In SC/GA I think writing is on the wall for anyone not in a favored CAD spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, ngl depending on what the EURO does later but this one just feels done to me.

That run of the GFS was just endless snow in the Sierra Nevadas from 170 til 300. That right there tells you the ridge out west has gone awry and we’re about to torch. I think the runs probably get worse from here

That run of the GFS was just endless snow in the Sierra Nevadas from 170 til 300. That right there tells you the ridge out west has gone awry and we’re about to torch. I think the runs probably get worse from here
I agree and hoping I’m wrong

Well, I have to go pants shopping in the morning now! A slow crawler! Only 12 days away! 52C25446-446F-4BB6-BFE6-2D32150DA757.pngB4941951-B0BD-4423-83AF-0656BC434A54.png48E80F49-27FC-43A5-B9BE-D1EEC34B3C59.pngFF61E17F-F8EA-48BA-A49F-441693608208.pngA7D4D34D-3159-4FD0-8342-C24180100551.png

Yeah but I also have way better climo here. My standards are higher now and it's not paying off ?
Sorry Brent! I jinxed it when I said you would get 18” this season! ???

Sorry Brent! I jinxed it when I said you would get 18” this season! ???

Lol don't feel bad you werent alone... Some of these mets are gonna have to explain if we dont get anything else ?

Like I said I think it's way worse because we were so close so many times

Jimmy! I found the “one”94E80F42-231A-43EF-9F80-0A5F84F30859.png

I'm at a loss of words at this point. Never seen 2 snowless winters in my 41 years in my time the foothills but it looks I am getting ready to. Might as well go for the triple crown next year and go for 3 straight snowless. I don't see anything breaking this current cycle anytime soon but what do I know. Just my 2 cents.

I'm at a loss of words at this point. Never seen 2 snowless winters in my 41 years in my time the foothills but it looks I am getting ready to. Might as well go for the triple crown next year and go for 3 straight snowless. I don't see anything breaking this current cycle anytime soon but what do I know. Just my 2 cents.
2 words. Global Warming. Some areas outside of the mountains will be lucky to ever see snow again.

My alma mater (University of Arizona in Tucson) is getting snow today. Damn I’m jealous, it’s snowed a bunch there the last two years but only twice when I was there.

February averages are 69.2/43.2 lol.

“.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM MST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to
three inches.

* WHERE...Tucson Metro Area, South Central Pinal County”

Last edited:
I mean can you even call this a hobby anymore? You have to get some satisfaction out of a hobby. There is absolutely nothing satisfying about tracking winter in the SE anymore. There hasn't been a single thing to track in over 2 years now. Look how December's have been. With all the Nina's we should have been able to manage some cold in December other than a single 3 day Arctic blast in 2022. But nope. And February? It was just all the Nina's causing the bad February's they said. It'll change this year they said. Nope! Same ---- different year. We'll end up +5 for the month again. It's been time to find a new hobby but this year man finally push some of us out.

Back