• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

No snow or ice outside of the mountains on the 6z GFS.
It's over 24 hours faster with the southern trough than every other model/mean. I'd expect it to trend towards slowing down soon. It is interesting that most of its ensemble members are quick with the southern trough too though. Something will have to give one way or the other in that regard soon.

"My trip for my 10th wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend, but the models are all in on it finally snowing here, so I told my wife we aren't going!"

It's a real thing...

So you're saying it's weird that I'm debating sending the kids to my sisters in Chattanooga on PD because it might snow here in Buford? lol

Day 10 it is like clockwork. Let's hope the PD storm has hope by the weekend. This one looked like potential.
Frustrating but has been the story all winter so far.

As I said before, I'm heading to Disney World the last week in February. Family is really looking forward to it, but I just know that's when RDU will get a snow. I'm almost hoping nothing will occur but would also like to see the snow drought broke; and of course, I would be happy for all that get snow.

As I said before, I'm heading to Disney World the last week in February. Family is really looking forward to it, but I just know that's when RDU will get a snow. I'm almost hoping nothing will occur but would also like to see the snow drought broke; and of course, I would be happy for all that get snow.
Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll snow in Orlando. Anything is possible !

We will have wait and see approach is becoming louder.
You know what that means weather folks, the backing off winter weather is starting.

Back