• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Isn’t it way too early for something like this?

Attachments

• 901937AC-26BE-4AEE-BC99-ECB814487491.jpeg
    901937AC-26BE-4AEE-BC99-ECB814487491.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 12
Went back and looked at some stuff from Feb 2014..... just to see if anything in the similar time periods were similar.....one thing that stands out that we had then that we do not have currently, a metric ton of snow cover to our North lol I think one big helper for us will be to pull hard for MA/NE to get smothered next week with a big event and maybe that helps us ever so slightly anyway. Very excited though especially for my fellow I-85 N/W people NC / SC / GA

Isn’t it way too early for something like this?
No; Because outside the models this website posts and living and dying by every model run, external tools and utilities (and experimental modeling) is showing there is a very strong chance at a big storm.

I think the graphic is based off an internal tool involving the GEFS (btw).

Went back and looked at some stuff from Feb 2014..... just to see if anything in the similar time periods were similar.....one thing that stands out that we had then that we do not have currently, a metric ton of snow cover to our North lol I think one big helper for us will be to pull hard for MA/NE to get smothered next week with a big event and maybe that helps us ever so slightly anyway. Very excited though especially for my fellow I-85 N/W people NC / SC / GA
Great post.

To Brad's defense hes gonna catch Hell either way. Its probably safer to always go light then the day before go up. Hes always said "once you put that big number out there wouldnt matter if you were correct on it busting low youre gonna get destroyed and look dumb" This is Burns calling the Blizzard of 93 imagine if they went on TV and said this in todays Social Media world

Hes such a pompous douche
I just remember him on Twitter year after year posting graphics showing February as our snowiest month of the year and March 2nd as the snowiest calendar day. I think he loves snow just like most of us, so it may be a little reverse psychology, or he could be getting back at some nagging comments. Heck, he even brags about making snow with his snow machine whenever we get a dry cold snap. He made a vlog early this past January talking about how great the pattern was looking for the mountains. I doubt he’s suddenly gone off the deep end and completely forgotten how to read long range models.

Areas further west and north got their winter weather earlier in the winter and now it looks like CAD areas will get their winter weather while Atlanta is stuck in the middle with nothing.

Areas further west and north got their winter weather earlier in the winter and now it looks like CAD areas will get their winter weather while Atlanta is stuck in the middle with nothing.

Man it’s not even halftime yet. Hell 1st qtr just started. CAD areas in GA/SC/NC just ran the opening kickoff back but that don’t mean it’s over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this cloud after the storm! Here’s to you BRad P042995D2-331A-49DE-87F5-E6D7BE481343.jpeg

Back