• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I said myself just few days ago and it's really common sense, that just because a pattern sets up below normal doesn't mean it will be cold enough to snow. I'm speaking of the upstate our Avg late Feb is upper 50s so yes a 10-15° drop is still mid to upper 40s. What are the Odds upstate SC sees winter weather in late Feb with highs in the 40s? It's slim to none. And the upcoming pattern doesn't look to be anymore significant than upper 40s at Best. So I will use common sense and say the chances of us seeing Snow is slim to none.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

By far my all time favorite! Is it a once in a lifetime storm? Time will tell

ID_97.gif

All one needs to do is walk outside today and feel that cold wind. Full sun might get us to 48-50 degrees. But we would snow, frozen easy with a storm over us today. Speaking of which, this is what wide right looks like.

1707230053126.png

I said myself just few days ago and it's really common sense, that just because a pattern sets up below normal doesn't mean it will be cold enough to snow. I'm speaking of the upstate our Avg late Feb is upper 50s so yes a 10-15° drop is still mid to upper 40s. What are the Odds upstate SC sees winter weather in late Feb with highs in the 40s? It's slim to none. And the upcoming pattern doesn't look to be anymore significant than upper 40s at Best. So I will use common sense and say the chances of us seeing Snow is slim to none.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
It was 43 degrees on the day before the 1/23/03 snowstorm. Seven hours after that high snow began and the rest is history. It's a poor take.

Is this the ah ha moment for everyone?
Yeah...for sure. Try and post less....and when we do post only post optimistic things about the upcoming pattern, any objective post will get mocked, clowned, LOL'd...and that will stir up a hornets nest. BradP got shredded on here last night for saying we will need greater temp departures end of Feb than in mid-January.

I think not having a legit a winter storm thread in 2 years hasn't helped and has everyone on edge and until that changes this is what we got.

Yeah...for sure. Try and post less....and when we do post only post optimistic things about the upcoming pattern, any objective post will get mocked, clowned, LOL'd...and that will stir up a hornets nest. BradP got shredded on here last night for saying we will need greater temp departures end of Feb than in mid-January.

I think not having a legit a winter storm thread in 2 years hasn't helped and has everyone on edge and until that changes this is what we got.
I thought his comment was cringe tbh but I will leave it alone.

That said it's weird the generally negative posters really bring nothing to the table besides their feels, the generally overly optimistic posters can turn a SER into a raging CAD storm. There's a real lack of digging into what's happening to get a fruitful discussion other than model outcome maps.

I think this thread has become a collector of ---- posts and really the source of toxicity and negativity. I'd love to kill it but the ---- posts would then just go into the main thread

No. he's getting roasted for saying this: "There is no arctic air on the way and no winter set up. The cool anamolies are caused by rain and clouds, not cold air."

And when asked about cold air coming jan 15-20th, "no signs of that at all, all the cold air is on the other side of the hemisphere in the long range".

I thought his comment was cringe tbh but I will leave it alone.

That said it's weird the generally negative posters really bring nothing to the table besides their feels, the generally overly optimistic posters can turn a SER into a raging CAD storm. There's a real lack of digging into what's happening to get a fruitful discussion other than model outcome maps.

I think this thread has become a collector of ---- posts and really the source of toxicity and negativity. I'd love to kill it but the ---- posts would then just go into the main thread

Why was it cringe? Mid January I posted the MJO plot showing a healthy trip to 4-5-6 and that would probably kick the can to mid-Feb. I got trolled for that a couple of times. That bothered me and that set off some fireworks the past couple of weeks. The best thing I could have done is not post anything about a potential sucky winter pattern, nobody wants to hear that or have a discussion on that.

Back