• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I hate to say it but are we going to be dealing with suppressed storms again? Or we gonna get the NW trend this time

In 2wks folks will be on here asking what happened to this Great pattern we're supposed to have and why we didn't get snow.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Yeah, this is done. A little below normal and that is it. 50 for highs and just below freezing for lows is nothing special. Brad Panocivh will be proven right again.

It’s so Confusing to come in here after a 12hr sleep …. “Winter is over” me “what the hell happened?” Checks thread ummm looks good then checks location of ppl upset and it’s like ohh 235 miles South of me nvm. This forum is so big (not griping) but it really does need to be changed where NC/VA/SC “upstate” on their own sections. Nothing against any of those guys but it’s just confusing. I look at a model on my own also and it makes me feel I’m seeing it wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is done. A little below normal and that is it. 50 for highs and just below freezing for lows is nothing special. Brad Panocivh will be proven right again.
Yea just as he was proven right in December 2022 that there would be no Arctic air around Christmas and there was a better chance that CLT would have a high of 70. Look I like Brad P a lot and I think he does a great job of forecasting once a pattern gets established. However he has not done a very good job at forecasting long range patterns beyond 10 days for a number of years. He often gets going too much into absolutes a lot of times… even when all guidance is saying different… for example the day before the 1/16/2022 storm, he was online and on TV saying that CLT metro was going to get an ice storm to potentially rival December 2002 while every bit of short range guidance at the time was indicating that there would a heavy thump of snow on the front end and after that all soundings were strongly indicating primarily sleet the rest of the storm… it literally took until the ground truth was occurring in the SC upstate for him to budge

It’s so Confusing to come in here after a 12hr sleep …. “Winter is over” me “what the hell happened?” Checks thread ummm looks good then checks location of ppl upset and it’s like ohh 235 miles South of me nvm. This forum is so big (not griping) but it really does need to be changed where NC/VA/SC “upstate” on their own sections. Nothing against any of those guys but it’s just confusing. I look at a model on my own also and it makes me feel I’m seeing it wrong

No, ATL is not 235 miles "South" it is WSW, and actually been colder than you this so-called winter.

You slept 12 hours? I'm so jealous.

A smattering of "lighter" events on the EPS...that's how this will get started. We need something to get us on the scoreboard, a flurry fest works too. Then a big dog between the 24-28th.

ecmwf-ensemble-KRDU-indiv_snow_24-7177600.png

No, ATL is not 235 miles "South" it is WSW, and actually been colder than you this so-called winter.
Hmmm what do you know, Mooresville to Atlanta, 236 miles as the crow flies but who freaking cares. Dude relax

61056a98dbae413e0a7f17392eb4682f.jpg

My bad it’s 265 Miles …. Didn’t realize it made that big a difference we all know where it’s at. I will make sure to post the Longitude and Latitude Coordinates next time I post sorry Chief.

Last edited:
The driving distance between Alaska to Panama City Beach is 4583 miles. It takes approximately 3 days 13h to drive from Alaska to Panama City Beach. What location is next?

Dude eat a ---- lol I mean come on your just being an ass bc of a computer showing you something you don’t like ?

Back