• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The 18z GFS is awfully unimpressive as far as winter precip and cold goes. Never really goes much below freezing here for the whole run and turns warmer at the end.
The 500mb charts on the 18z GFS and the 18z GEFS tell a much different story

The 18z GFS is awfully unimpressive as far as winter precip and cold goes. Never really goes much below freezing here for the whole run and turns warmer at the end.
Stick to your drought Schtick!
We have enough anti- cold and snow goobers

I can't wait to see the word verbatim, push all my chips in, and every man for himself every other post the next couple weeks.
I have “if you tweak this just a little it’s a monster for the whole board” and “if that run went 6 hours further it was likely heading for glory” on my bingo card

I have “if you tweak this just a little it’s a monster for the whole board” and “if that run went 6 hours further it was likely heading for glory” on my bingo card
What about “dig you pig” and “suppression”

Reading last years Feb thread was interesting…not a single post the last week. But, on Feb 5th last year the EPS spit this out and now compare it to this year.

View attachment 145301View attachment 145302
For those who say El Niño and La Niña don’t do what they used to, this is a great example of La Niña, and El Niño doing what they are suppose to do. Last year at this time sub-seasonally it was over for winter, just no hope at this time last year.

For those who say El Niño and La Niña don’t do what they used to, this is a great example of La Niña, and El Niño doing what they are suppose to do. Last year at this time sub-seasonally it was over for winter, just no hope at this time last year.
And next year at this time there will be no hope again.

This has been, pattern wise, typical of our “good” winters, sans the snow. First 3 weeks of Jan was a darn cold pattern and big winter storms for mid west, Deep South and MA. We then got the 2 week breather, now cold comes again.

But, can we get a good 2-3 multiple events affecting the east.

IMG_0616.gifIMG_0615.gif

I vaguely remember the wasp story, but recall the ice throwing on the groung (I'm pretty sure that he posted pictures) and the crazy chaotic dialogue about dancing to make snow fall more. He was right up there with that guy who posted the room number of what hotel he was at whenever he went on a snow chase and the woman who keep asking if it was going to snow in Lavonia, GA!

Omg. lol. coreytucker. Definitely a memorable one. Always stressing over his dew point.

Back