• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

How in the world do we get a February nino, split flow, active stj, tanking soi, and get dry in the SE? Come on man. ?
It's not dry it's like .2-.4 BN. We average just short of 1 inch per 7 days this time of year so if it's .6-.8 and let's say that's all snow does it matter that it's slightly drier than avg?

How in the world do we get a February nino, split flow, active stj, tanking soi, and get dry in the SE? Come on man. ?
It's not dry it's like .2-.4 BN. We average just short of 1 inch per 7 days this time of year so if it's .6-.8 and let's say that's all snow does it matter that it's slightly drier than avg?

Yeah, I'm sure your right...like everything you guys mentioned, we should be good.

Is there some way we could have a pattern discussion only thread? I can't stand seeing all these stupid 300+ hr op runs cluttering up the good discussion that actually has merit.
We will discuss in our super secret staff chat where we secretly plot who's posts to delete and our next move to make brick mad.

But seriously we've had discussions about model only threads and some things of this nature. Not sure the best course of action. I'll think about it and propose some things to staff and we will float some ideas out here.

Does anyone else remember the guy from way back on here that used to throw ice on his yard to lower the groung temperature and would do some type of specialized to him only snow dance when storms were coming? I seem to recall that he was from around LaGrange, GA.

Yeah, I'm sure your right...like everything you guys mentioned, we should be good.

No I was whining, not defending. I can't believe in this background state we'd somehow be at all dryer than normal. I would think we'd be drenched. Hopefully that corrects.

As the days go by, I'd like to see the ensemble snow mean get substantial in the long range. WV has no problem having a great mean long range. With an excellent pattern for us you'd think we could manage it as well. If it stays paltry less than an inch, there's probably a reason.

Does anyone else remember the guy from way back on here that used to throw ice on his yard to lower the groung temperature and would do some type of specialized to him only snow dance when storms were coming? I seem to recall that he was from around LaGrange, GA.
That sounds like the world famous coreytucker.

About that person... here is a story:

Once upon a time in the sunny state of Georgia, there lived a man named Corey. Corey was an eccentric individual with an unusual obsession: he loved snow. Despite living in a region where snow was a rare occurrence, Corey's fascination with the white, fluffy substance was unyielding.

Corey tried everything to experience snow in his hometown. He bought a snow machine, but it wasn't the same. He even traveled to colder climates during the winter, but he longed to see snow falling in his own backyard.

In his desperation, Corey turned to the mystical arts. He found an old ouija board at a local antique shop and began to dabble in black magic. He spent countless nights chanting incantations and moving the planchette across the board, all in the hopes of summoning a snowstorm.

One fateful night, Corey felt a chill in the air. He looked outside and, to his delight, saw the first snowflakes falling from the sky. His joy, however, was short-lived. The snowflakes quickly turned into a flurry, then a blizzard. Corey watched in horror as the snow piled up, covering his house, his car, and everything in sight.

The town was thrown into chaos. Roads were blocked, power lines were down, and people were trapped in their homes. Corey realized that his obsession had gone too far. He had wanted snow, but not like this.

In a desperate attempt to reverse the spell, Corey returned to the ouija board. He pleaded with the spirits to stop the snowstorm. After several tense moments, the snow began to lighten, and eventually, it stopped.

Corey was relieved, but he also felt a deep sense of guilt. His obsession had caused trouble for his entire town. From that day forward, Corey put away the ouija board and vowed never to use black magic again. He learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of obsession and the unpredictable nature of forces beyond our control.

And so, Corey's life returned to normal, or as normal as it could be for a man who once made it snow in Georgia. He still loved snow, but he learned to appreciate it from a distance, content with the natural order of things.

About that person... here is a story:

Once upon a time in the sunny state of Georgia, there lived a man named Corey. Corey was an eccentric individual with an unusual obsession: he loved snow. Despite living in a region where snow was a rare occurrence, Corey's fascination with the white, fluffy substance was unyielding.

Corey tried everything to experience snow in his hometown. He bought a snow machine, but it wasn't the same. He even traveled to colder climates during the winter, but he longed to see snow falling in his own backyard.

In his desperation, Corey turned to the mystical arts. He found an old ouija board at a local antique shop and began to dabble in black magic. He spent countless nights chanting incantations and moving the planchette across the board, all in the hopes of summoning a snowstorm.

One fateful night, Corey felt a chill in the air. He looked outside and, to his delight, saw the first snowflakes falling from the sky. His joy, however, was short-lived. The snowflakes quickly turned into a flurry, then a blizzard. Corey watched in horror as the snow piled up, covering his house, his car, and everything in sight.

The town was thrown into chaos. Roads were blocked, power lines were down, and people were trapped in their homes. Corey realized that his obsession had gone too far. He had wanted snow, but not like this.

In a desperate attempt to reverse the spell, Corey returned to the ouija board. He pleaded with the spirits to stop the snowstorm. After several tense moments, the snow began to lighten, and eventually, it stopped.

Corey was relieved, but he also felt a deep sense of guilt. His obsession had caused trouble for his entire town. From that day forward, Corey put away the ouija board and vowed never to use black magic again. He learned a valuable lesson about the dangers of obsession and the unpredictable nature of forces beyond our control.

And so, Corey's life returned to normal, or as normal as it could be for a man who once made it snow in Georgia. He still loved snow, but he learned to appreciate it from a distance, content with the natural order of things.
Brilliant! And this doesn't even cover the story of a Wild Beast chasing him in the woods or killing wasps ?

Is there a reason why the good fantasy runs seem to happen at night instead of during the day model runs?

Back