• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Is there some way we could have a pattern discussion only thread? I can't stand seeing all these stupid 300+ hr op runs cluttering up the good discussion that actually has merit.
Normally I’d agree here but seeing that this is the last hoorah and the winter 2024 finish line is almost in site for the majority of this board I’d say post it all in the disco. But what do I know. I’m just a guy who can’t get any snow ☹️

Normally I’d agree here but seeing that this is the last hoorah and the winter 2024 finish line is almost in site for the majority of this board I’d say post it all in the disco. But what do I know. I’m just a guy who can’t get any snow ☹️
Just a squirrel trying to get a frozen nut
49206480-squirrel-sitting-by-tree-in-snow-and-eating-nuts-in-winter-park.jpg

I'm honestly saying this as someone who likes to go back and peruse old threads from years ago and trying to follow model progressions of favorable patterns and how things evolved as we reeled them in. Having dozens of posts of worthless garbage just makes that so much more difficult. While I think all of it is worthless beyond D10, I feel like at least having a rule not to post that junk beyond 300 hrs is reasonable.

I mean c'mon, this is just a joke.

View attachment 145235

Well. I wanted the same but then told amwx might be a better site if I wanted that.

I like what @wow does at amwx, just didn't like some of the mod choices

I'm honestly saying this as someone who likes to go back and peruse old threads from years ago and trying to follow model progressions of favorable patterns and how things evolved as we reeled them in. Having dozens of posts of worthless garbage just makes that so much more difficult. While I think all of it is worthless beyond D10, I feel like at least having a rule not to post that junk beyond 300 hrs is reasonable.

I mean c'mon, this is just a joke.

View attachment 145235
I’d say the only good thing about the LR GFS is having some key features. Over the last several runs, it has held steady with a big 50/50 low 23B6D1CE-1CA5-487F-8CA5-1A0FD06DE262.gif

Cody Rhodes deserves to finish his story. WWE has gotten ridiculous now days. Plus the Rock makes me sick, used to be a big fan but not anymore. I know I’ll get some dislikes for this.

Cody Rhodes deserves to finish his story. WWE has gotten ridiculous now days. Plus the Rock makes me sick, used to be a big fan but not anymore. I know I’ll get some dislikes for this.

Imagine naming yourself over a movie

Peak szn. Gonna be a lot of heartbreak in a couple of weeks seeing that we’re all chasing the same nut View attachment 145239

Just...so...far...away. Put aside its so hard to take seriously late February cold patterns. I'm going to choose to do so. But even if I do, we need to get past @1300m January issue of the pv being too far west. I don't think I could bear it if it hangs out at Hudson Bay.

And I've got to wait another week to seriously see what the answer will be. Lol. Snow is so hard.

Ok folks, I'm going to give you my thoughts about posting any map. The models are there for us to look at and analyze. Drawing an imaginary line and saying we shouldn't look, discuss, or post anything past that hour doesn't make sense to me. This is a weather discussion forum. We should be able to post a snow map and have a rational discussion on whether or not it is a feasible outcome. As long as the intention is good (not trolling or silly), I don't think there should be regulations on which maps are acceptable or not. An operational run can help show a possible outcome at the surface for the pattern. Plus, I like seeing that a pattern could support a snowstorm.

I don't see an issue with this. If the digital snow disappears the next run, so be it. However with this potential period of interest, we have seen several runs in a row that show a storm. Because it's documented through posts, it can help for historical research as well.

Anyway, I'm going to keep posting snow maps until someone tells me not to. Wasn't it a day or two ago that people were complaining that the operational models were not showing anything and that you wanted to see more storms showing up there instead of only the ensembles?

Guys. I'm working on some code.. and I decided to pull some experimental GFS and Canadian long-term ensembles and plot them.

They has Wintry weather for my back yard. Between the 18th-21st with quite the signal.

If I were North of I-20 this is wonderful news!

Back