• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Lol you better take a break the next 3 years then

Edit: Dang I thought you said Ninas. You can stay. :D
Fortunately for us after strong nino's should typically get a nina or at worse neutral.

Sad that we have to hope for nina's to get snow, but it's where we are.

icon_T2m_us_45.png

Heart of winter temps and Normals go up from here.
Its coming...
gfs_T2m_us_65.png

I'm doing some things in the back end of the site. Seems like everything's broken, so I'm just going to leave it and hope nobody notices. Apologies in advance.

You guys should seriously look into the machine learning models on the ECMWF website. They seem extremely good for what I've looked over and forecasts so far. It's scary.

They never had a system for next week, aside from some warmer rain, a little sleet, and out to sea.

On the machine learning front, I am noticing more and more of their use from the NWS. The WPC were mentioning them the other day in the long range discussion.

Things are about to be a lot better modeling wise guys. These things are legit.

On the machine learning front, I am noticing more and more of their use from the NWS. The WPC were mentioning them the other day in the long range discussion.

Things are about to be a lot better modeling wise guys. These things are legit.
Great. We'll never see snow again. At least once in a while we get to see it at 300 hours out

Last day of January and not even a freeze in sight. Wow. We are not even ahead of last winters nightmare on snow so far although last winter never had anything else after this date...

I mean modeling can only be as good as the data/obs put in to it at the start of the run. I'd assume that's the hang up for making any big jumps in med-long range verification.

A "perfect" model is still going get skewed off course by the observation data put in to it.

Back