• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Time is running out. You guys do a great job by the way. I just hope when upper 50's and 60's for highs come back next week they don't stay for the rest of February. Close to 800 days east of the mountains snowless. We are due....

I have a hard time believing the next cold wave will be stronger than the one earlier this month. It’s a lot harder to get that kind of cold in Late February than it is in Mid January.
Yea its over, severe season starts soon. We all know it doesn't snow in late Feb or March anymore in ATLANTA!

Did you tell him how much models overdo dynamic cooling these days?
Seriously though it still can be a thing that even the hi-res models don't fully pick up.
It saved me and delivered glory for this storm from my notes:

February 8, 20203.25 inches all snowmin temp
31.5-32.2
all snow, started at 10:15am ended around 1:45pmhi res models showed a dusting to an inch, and warm surface temps. globals showed nothing in the medium range. - 4 850's and -2 925mb. surface temps rose to 33.5 as it ended. beautiful tree sticking snow

This post is very funny for to me I can't lie. Radiohead is that important I guess.
it's just what came on shuffle. i was spending 10 seconds per song to give him the full sonic experience. radiohead song played was "jigsaw falling into place" btw. was really close to playing him sicko mode to try out the bass

was kind of funny to tell this guy at 8:45 to be like "come in and sit here my bluetooth is ready"
You still have both kidneys?
still have both kidneys and i'm 240 richer

It’s just Weather Analysis 2 I’ll be ok haha. I’ll really have to pay attention when I take Dynamics next school year.
ok fair. tbh despite how dorky this sounds those intro to weather-ish courses are a breeze if you've been ingesting forecasting and learning via osmosis on fb groups and forums and twitter for years

ok fair. tbh despite how dorky this sounds those intro to weather-ish courses are a breeze if you've been ingesting forecasting and learning via osmosis on fb groups and forums and twitter for years
You’re exactly right, I got a 98 in Analysis 1 without studying one luck. Just knew most of it already. I guarantee most on this board could do the same.

You’re exactly right, I got a 98 in Analysis 1 without studying one luck. Just knew most of it already. I guarantee most on this board could do the same.
its fun bc you probably met some of your cohort at orientation and have group chats that's just half gfs screenshots and half memes and you're having in depth forecasting arguments

and you walk in to the first meteorology class and the professor is like

good morning. today we will be discussing high pressure vs low pressure.

its fun bc you probably met some of your cohort at orientation and have group chats that's just half gfs screenshots and half memes and you're having in depth forecasting arguments

and you walk in to the first meteorology class and the professor is like

good morning. today we will be discussing high pressure vs low pressure.
There are a couple group chats with the Met Club and Forecasting Club that are just the Met students posting fantasy images from every single model in existence.

Back