• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Yeah. It’s too close to write off at this lead time. We seemingly get slightly favorable changes each run and different looks at the surface to keep things interesting. What’s your gut feeling right now?

You definitely can’t count this out yet but it seems like we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place in this setup. While I have some reservations about the lack of precip inland of the coastal low, many of the colder solutions are also drier with mass subsidence behind the trough, while the wetter ones mostly focus wintry precip over the mtns and are too warm. Even if all the synoptic pieces fall into place for us, it still might be a struggle to get much of anything here.

Alll that being said, given the uncertainties at play (Rex blocking type patterns are notoriously difficult to forecast in the medium range) there’s still a chance here. Heck, even as this trough moves out over me on Friday and Saturday, we still don’t have a good grasp on what the winds are gonna be like here because the EPS and GEFS + GEPS are so far apart setup-wise.

The precip is coming inland. Just don't think it's going to sit off the coast. Had the same feeling before all the mets started sounding the alarms on the 11:00 news that night in January 2000. I remember looking at the radar before leaving work that night and thinking there's no way all that precip is going to miss us

Atleast it looks like we will have one more shot sometime in mid feb. Now will it work out probably not. I’m sure something will not go our way. But oh well.

I am more inclined to think the problem with the system next week would be lack of cold air than lack of precip. Lack of precip is not something we have had this winter.

Going to Florida the end of February. Going to do Disney World. Keep getting a feeling we'll (mid/upper SE) score a winter storm then. Not sure how I would feel, walking around the "Most magical place on earth" while it snows back home.
I'm in Utah the last week of Feb...I ain't worried about missing a snow event here in Raleigh.

Good we can see if either of you are bad luck.
Considering all the pattern chasing going on in the February thread, this should hit everyone in their jollies, but I'll be out of town 2/15 - 2/19. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board will agree if Mother Nature hates anyone here, we know who it is...may want to go ahead and fire up the thread for that time period.

I'm in Utah the last week of Feb...I ain't worried about missing a snow event here in Raleigh.
I've been to Boone about every month this winter (own a house / remodeling). Been up there three times when it has snowed. It was really nice, but it's not the same as a low elevation (..home) snow.

Considering all the pattern chasing going on in the February thread, this should hit everyone in their jollies, but I'll be out of town 2/15 - 2/19. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board will agree if Mother Nature hates anyone here, we know who it is...may want to go ahead and fire up the thread for that time period.
I guess I need to leave to see if it's me too

?

ecmwf-weeklies-avg-conus-z500_anom_7day-8387200.png
ecmwf-weeklies-avg-namer-z500_anom_7day-8473600.png

Good we can see if either of you are bad luck.

I have to decide today or tomorrow whether to travel the week of 2/26 or 3/4. I feel like if I travel the week of 2/26 Raleigh will get 10-12" on 2/27 but if I move it to 3/4 or later it won't snow. Tough decision...

mainly referring to the non-euro suite. you're not wrong it doesn't look great

tbh haven't had a change this morning to take a fair crack at the euro as i've been selling some speakers on the fb marketplace. a dude drove all the way from newport news to sit in my living room and listen to radiohead

the euro isn't infallible but it has me on "cave watch" for everything else on the 12z suite
This post is very funny for to me I can't lie. Radiohead is that important I guess.

Back